Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Striper/Murray report 8/29

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Striper/Murray report 8/29

Mr. Wyatt and I took off to Murray in S.C. Friday afternoon. We were anxious to go after all the rain out days of the pass week. To our surprise there were many other folks out there too. Probably for the same reason we had to go. We trolled till about 10 PM and didn't connect. We were marking fish but no bites. Set up about 100 yards from the towers and connected on our first striper. A 18 inch that we released. Trolled about with the hydroglow light for couple hours. No connects. Set up on the towers and promptly caught a 22 incher. Then a 27 incher and another 21 incher. Had one of the largest stripers I've felt near the towers which promptly run the spool out about 50 yards and broke off. Big fish. Smoked the drag while it was on. Connected on another 27 incher and finally a 20 incher. Started trolling again about 2 AM. Connected on two more big ones which broke the line for Mr. Wyatt and the last one that got off was 27-30 inches that we had just at the net when it made a second run, tangled the line on the other side of the boat and broke off. Trolled around till daylight with the hydroglow. From about 4 AM we had stripers schools following the light. They were coming to the surface and swimming along side the boat. Amazing sight. Schools were from 20 to 100 fish at one time following the light and gulping down bait fish. We dropped bait all around them but they would shy away at the slightest movement in the boat. Most amazing thing I have ever seen while striper hunting. Great night. If we had landed all that we had on the line we would have had our limit. As Mr. Wyatt told me as I was complaining about losing the big one....."hey Steve you can't catch um all" No photos as I forgot the camera again and Mr. Wyatt took all the fish with him. I had taken them on our last trip..........

Post Thanks / Like

Great report. I plan to be fishing there in early October. Hopefully there'll be some around the State Park.
    John 21:3
    Simon Peter said to them, "I am going fishing." They said to him, "We are going with you also." They went out and immediately got into the boat, and that night they caught nothing.

And we act like this Nightstalking thing is new.

For some excitment, read the next verse. A special guest arrived, they filled their coolers and had a fish fry on the beach...in the morning. My kind of people.- Bowfin