Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bama crappie under the lights....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bama crappie under the lights....

Went last night to a spot on Lake Jordan where Mr. Gus told me to anchor up and put out some lights. We got set up around 8:30 in 38ft of water over loggs and standing trees. Like I figured it took about 30 min for the large numbers of bait fish to show up and when they did, the crappie were not far behind. We fished with minnows and jigs and finally called it a night at 11:30 with 30 slabs in the cooler. We could have caught more but Mississppi's (good friends nick name) jig pole broke on a catfish or a stripe. We threw a lot of smaller fish back, missed several and had several come off. Not bad for a night on the lake. We will be going back Thursday evening.

They were bitting real soft to begin with and missed several and then we started to put a crappie nibble on each hook and they would then nail it. I'm a believer in those little green things.

Not a bad way to spend the evening when your Dr. calls and says you have a ruptured disk in your back. LOL now I have to descide to get my hip replaced or my back fixed first. I'm fallin apart and I'm only 40. LOL
    If I was better I'd be twins

Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005

Post Thanks / Like

I would go with the back first. Seems to me that if your back is shot, nothing else really works anyhow.