Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cali Deer Season Opens

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cali Deer Season Opens

Tomorrow 8-9-08,is the first day of deer season here in Cali. A Zone. That is where I live. It is a bit early for ya’ll back east, It is still a hot during the days too, 95 - 100 during the day. So the best hunting is in the morning and evening. The deer will be bed down during the heat of the day.
    Most a the locals that I know don’t hunt this first weekend unless that have private land to hunt. We get a lot of city hunters up here this weekend and it can get just a little dangerous.
    I have a couple nice bucks spotted at my inlaws. Now I just have to talk him into letting me go hunting on is land.

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Last saturday in september here in tennessee, is when bow season opens,most of the time I try to go,but it can be pretty hot here too,somewhere around upper 80.I wish you lots of luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Bill, how's the huntin out of Camp Roberts, near Paso? Is that on some kind of draw system now? My older bro had some private land up around Naciemento that he had hunting rights to, back when I lived out there as a kid. Blacktails everywhere...
    Polar Kraft 1571 DB
    Mercury 25 hp 4-Stroke

Post Thanks / Like

Soso
    Man you are naming so great areas in my backyard. I have never hunted at Camp Roberts, really restricted. But I have fished there, in the Naciemento River. Good trout fishing. When I was younger I had some land out by Naciemento Lake to hunt.

Mostly I hunted in the hills east of Atascadero, Cuesta Ridge and national forest, Black mountain area.

Yea there are a lot of black tail out here but few good bucks. Mostly small forked horns. BUT a buck is a buck and taste good.

Gonefission
    Bill

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with the deer wr. Bow season opens here Sept 13th. I may hunt mornings but that'll be about it. Still too hot. Besides, our season runs bow/muzzle loader/rifle until Jan. 1....non-stop.
    Last edited by gabowman; 08-27-2008 at 05:46 PM.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.