Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Injecting Bait ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Injecting Bait ?

Anyone ever tried injecting their bait ? I got the idea today at work ... here goes let me know what you think or if you've tried it at all the results .

I thought of taking your regular creek chub as bait and injecting it with pork/beef blood from the meat locker ... the current should slowly flush the blood through the chub and the cats ollow the scent trail to the bait ... or that's my theory anyway .

There's a Tourny on the Ohio near Vevay In. in two weeks , I'm gonna give it a try at home first but was wandering if I was off my rocker or if anyone else had the same thoughts about it ?
    Jim McIntyre
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

You gotta be kiding me right .... 40+ veiws , someone gave this thread a 5 star rating and not one comment ? Come on .....fess up ....there are closet Catstockers out there I know it !! :p :D
    Jim McIntyre
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like it might be good. Might have to try it on my jug baits and see what happens one day or weekend nite.
    http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l114/luckyshorses/?start=0[/url]
    Hook em and bring em in the boat.
    Boys look at them bouncing juggs lets get them in the boat.
    3 Bald Stooges of Percy Priest Lake SGT of Arms.

Post Thanks / Like

Default So how did it work?

I rarely get the "other fish forums" option when I come to crappie.com, so I just saw this post.

A while back, some of us were discussing various uses for crappie eggs and someone successfully tried tying egg sacs for catfish bait. I have caught channel cats on every egg sack I've tied so far (unfortunately, we haven't caught many keeper crappie). I make small ones since I'm targeting pansize fish, but you could also tie larger ones, I guess. The key seems to be putting a float bead or two in the net with the eggs to keep the sac off the bottom. The crappie eggs slowly filter out of the sac, leaving a nice scent trail. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

blood is a great way to keep them comming in ive never thought of injection but i dont see why it wouldnt work but as far as jug fishing we have for a long time filled the jug about a 1/4 way full of blood then put a tiny hole in the lid and it has always produced good fish even when fishing has been tuff good luck