Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Trolling for crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Trolling for crappie

Most of you have done it all for crappies, treetops, deep banks, live bait.
    and trolling. But for me I had not tryed trolling till two weeks ago, and let me tell you boys I am hooked for now. Me and my son went the first time just us
    to try it out, we had no clue what we were doing, but we knew the fish were there from the report in the paper, we just needed to find out what the fish wanted. After trolling a bit we found what they wanted, 1/32 solid
    white, and solid green curly tail grub 1'' long this day, we couldn't stay long
    but got 9 to keep. The next trip we took we knew what to do and where to go, we had 4 in the boat and had 6 rods to troll with, but this trip it didn't
    seem to matter what color we used just as so the speed was right this trip
    we got 65, the nex trip we had 25, the next we had 50, the next 37. You
    can now see that the trolling for crappie has a deep hook set in me and my son. Just to let you know most fish we put back. Good fishing guys, Herm.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info Herm. Where were you fishing? Did you use a trolling motor? Several of us nitefishers have been in agreement that a new tactic is in order during this hot summer weather. I'm ready to give it a try. I have evrything I need ,even downriggers if it comes to that, but my 5 hp Yamaha won't start. Getting it running and trolling are now the focus of my efforts. You're relatively new to the board but ya know how to get a guy fired up!
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Herm
    Most of you have done it all for crappies, treetops, deep banks, live bait.
    and trolling. But for me I had not tryed trolling till two weeks ago, and let me tell you boys I am hooked for now. Me and my son went the first time just us
    to try it out, we had no clue what we were doing, but we knew the fish were there from the report in the paper, we just needed to find out what the fish wanted. After trolling a bit we found what they wanted, 1/32 solid
    white, and solid green curly tail grub 1'' long this day, we couldn't stay long
    but got 9 to keep. The next trip we took we knew what to do and where to go, we had 4 in the boat and had 6 rods to troll with, but this trip it didn't
    seem to matter what color we used just as so the speed was right this trip
    we got 65, the nex trip we had 25, the next we had 50, the next 37. You
    can now see that the trolling for crappie has a deep hook set in me and my son. Just to let you know most fish we put back. Good fishing guys, Herm.
    Herm,
    Iwas turned on to trolling for crappie by my bother earlier this year. I love it. You can cover so much more water. I am like you in that most of the fish are turned loose. I love to fish, I like to catch and don't need to keep them all.
    My next gadget for the boat is a Spider Rod Holder. The ultimate trolling adventure. 8 rods at a time.
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kunes
    Thanks for the info Herm. Where were you fishing? Did you use a trolling motor? Several of us nitefishers have been in agreement that a new tactic is in order during this hot summer weather. I'm ready to give it a try. I have evrything I need ,even downriggers if it comes to that, but my 5 hp Yamaha won't start. Getting it running and trolling are now the focus of my efforts. You're relatively new to the board but ya know how to get a guy fired up!
    Kunes,
    Some of my best trolling has been with just the power of the wind at my back. (If its blowing)
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

all this talk about trolling and fish catching after the past sorrid catches weve had at night has got me wanting to get out the honda and hang it on the beast and do some longline trolling in this heat. anybody out there doing any longline trolling catching anything?
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...