Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tracker Boats

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Tracker Boats

I want to go to a stick steer boat and there seems to be more "Tracker Panfish" (used) than other types.

I have read a couple of bad reviews of Tracker boats on the internet, but you can probably find a bad review on any boat, so I am looking for opinions (ms) from fellow crappie fishermen.

Your thoughts will be appreciated.

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Must be a reason why there are so many USED models on the market. The rivets came loose on my tracker back when i had one. Too much trouble trying to get them fixed. The dealer that i got mine from, quit carrying them.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I have a tracker PT 17 with a 75hp have had it for 11years.Never had a prob. 1 rivet leak and fixed it in 5min with a dab of putty.And it gets used hard.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Tracker boats are cheap made. If you want a quality stick steer boat I would go with a Triton. They are kind of pricey but darn well worth the money.

Post Thanks / Like

I think probably the reason there are so many Tracker panfish models out there is because Tracker makes more of these boats than anybody else. As far a quality they probably not as good as some of those other manufactures that charge a couple thousand more but in that case your more likely to get what you paid for... BTW I own a Tracker Panfish 16 with a 25 hp Merc 4-stroke. I fish alone alot and it works for me but there is almost no storage space on the boat so almost everything I need to carry is on the floor so I would keep that in mind if I was looking at that boat. If you have any questions let me know.

PB Wht. Crappie 2.48 lbs 02-12-2011

Post Thanks / Like

I have a pan fisher 16ft that I bought about 5 years ago. I haven't had any major problems with it. I got the 40hp and it runs about 25 - 27 mph according to the gps. I like it a lot and as someone said before I fish by myself a bunch and it it good to sit up front. I have replaced the front seat with a more comfortable one, taller back cause I'm getting old and grouchy, and moved it back about a foot to have more room. (the new one is about a foot longer and has more room). I removed the cooler from the front and put a dry box there. I have spider rigs set up and have replaced the locator three times. (Just upgraded to get more options - replaced the little lowrance with an eagle 420, replaced the eagle with a lowrance lcx 3something and replaced it with a humminbird 797) It is really easy to launch, load and handle by yourself. Three people are all you want in the boat to fish, but as I said it works for me. It is great to get around in the bushes in the spring and handles well in moderatly rough water. The only thing I know of that has gone wrong is the live well pump had to be replaced this year. If you want to go out and see if you like it PM me. I'm not far from you. By the way, it's really good on gas.

A day late, a dollar short and two drinks behind.

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Stick Steer

THE BEST STICK STEER ON THE MARKET IS MADE BY A SMALL COMPANY IN MONTEZUMA, GA.

LANCERMARINEBOATS.COM

MONK Welcome to MonksCrappie.com
    Last edited by monkscrappie; 07-28-2008 at 11:50 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never had any problems with my Tracker PT175, aside from a gummed up carb, but that will happen with any boat, considering they don't make the motors. I think the reason there are a lot of used Trackers out there is because there are so many of them sold to begin with. You can't go out on any lake in the country, any day of the week without seeing at least a couple. They are an affordable boat with many of the features that the more expensive boats have. There are things about them that are better on boats like Tritons and Rangers, but if you can afford those, you probably aren't looking at the Tracker anyway. I plan on upgrading to a Triton in about three years myself, but for the first boat I have owned, I really can't complain about the Tracker. Also, I have no problem taking it into the thickest cover and wood I can get into. A lot of guys who own those pretty Tritons won't dare stick their noses in there. I haven't fished out of the Panfish models, but the PT models have a bit more storage and much more deck space. It really depends on what you are looking for and how you usually fish.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Have you looked at the Caroina Skiff J16SS. That is a nice rig and cleans easy with no carpet and endless options available. Another boat popular here is a Custom Gheenoe Lowtide 25 or the Gheenoe Super. I have a G3 1448 that is tiller now but plan to repower in a couple years and plan on changing to stick steer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ragfly Jig Man View Post
    Tracker boats are cheap made. If you want a quality stick steer boat I would go with a Triton. They are kind of pricey but darn well worth the money.

I would look at War Eagle stick steer boat I know I have been.
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast