Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie Rod Blanks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Rod Blanks

I like to wrap rods from time to time. I would appreciate anyone with direct experience to pass along some recommendations for a source of Crappie rod blanks.

I will hit the Usual Suspects like Mudhole, but if anyone here has other recommendations, I would appreciate hearing them.

I'm looking for something in the 8 to 10 foot range and it will be wrapped as a ultra-light open faced spinning rod.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by T_om View Post
    if anyone here has other recommendations, I would appreciate hearing them.

I'm looking for something in the 8 to 10 foot range and it will be wrapped as a ultra-light open faced spinning rod.
    You might consider some fly rod manufacturers. Most of the big boys sell their blanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Rod Blanks

I use to make custom rods, some of my best crappie rods were made from fly rod blanks. Example 8ft 5wt makes a great rod. Just use regular guides, grips,and reel seats.
    It is not enough that a man should toil and provide,but that he be granted the pleasure of fishing with a friend.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Try J.J. King Fly Fishing Co.

I also wrap jig poles,the best rod blanks I`ve ever used are 10foot 5 or 6 wt.flyrod blanks from Jon King.I put 11 single foot guides and a 12 to 18 inch cork handle. You can contact Jon King atJ.J.King Fly Fishing Co.,#16 Grizzly Lane,P.O. Box 672.,Alturas,Ca. 96101...Phone 1-800-392-5346.....Tknight
    The limit is how many you KEEP, not how many you CATCH! Cat. III Jigs/Custom Jig Poles

Post Thanks / Like

Tom; Try Bridgemaster Fishing Products they are in Florida. Ph. 863-676-1009 Ron & Josie Hardy. 2131 Highway 60 E. Lake Wales FL.
    "Never Fry Bacon Naked"