Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: I Will Work

Post Thanks / Like

Default I Will Work

...for a tank of gas in my gas hogging truck and little boat....

Need anything done give me a call!!!!!!!! hahahah

Seriously, I was just wondering if these higher gas prices have slowed down your fishing that much. I honestly can't say that it has. I live 10 min. from Lake Murray, but opt to drive thirty to our lake lot in Saluda to fish....I just like it better over there....better fishin' to me and a lots less boat traffic!

Even when I have been down the lake this summer I can't see a change in lake goers...I think people are biting the bullet for the most part!
    Hooking up every chance I get!

Post Thanks / Like

It sure has slowed my fishing down. Only been three times since last part of April.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to like to hit the lake at least once a week. With prices like they are now though, I can only afford to go maybe once a month. I'm sure when the fish start biting good again though I'll be finding ways to pay for the gas. One problem I have is the closest lake is 50 minutes away and my truck gets about 11mpg pulling the boat. Once I get there, my boat only gets about 2mpg. Costly.
    To heck with work, lets go fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

I can tell on lanier. unfortunately it dont stop the jet skiers but I have noticed people going slower instead of full throttle and I have had a problem getting a parking spot anywhere on the lake, there is still a lot of boats but with so many ramps closed you would expect to see more lots full.

Post Thanks / Like

score you know when ya gotta get out on the lake your welcome to ride on mine, much better on gas if you dont mind slumming it.lol

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

i sure have slowed down going . . I bought a GMC senoma 4.3 ltr . thought it would do better on gass . i might git 11 mpg pulling the boat i am 55 mils frome the lake . the river is onley 10 but not enough water to run a boat safeley .guess i will git the 12 footer and 9.9 ready . motor is running fin just have a little water leak to fix . troling motor and pole holders . will be just right for me but the wife doesen`t like the little dingy. don`t know if i can sit in the thing long . guess i will find a sand bar :D. with the river sop low it wan`t be hard .:D
    retired and now i will always fish