Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fantastic Weekend On Swan Lake (pics)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fantastic Weekend On Swan Lake (pics)

Wife and I took a much needed weekend with the rig down to Swan Lake in Allegan county, MI and we had a blast. That lake is filthy with specks, and we caught a slew of 'em. Unfortunately, because there are so many they don't get much bigger than 8-9", but we had fun catchin' them.

Caught 28 in less than 2 hours on Fri. night, then C&R 30 or so on Sat. The kids came down and hauled in 40 more on Sun. afternoon. Sun. morn I told the wife I wanted to run the boat over to Eagle lake which is only 6 miles from Swan, and it holds bigger fish. We got blown all over the lake, and finally took refuge along the western shore and I managed to pull in 2 really nice fish before we had to head back to Swan to meet the kids.

Caught them on Panfish Assassin Tomato Seeds, and Berkley PowerBait Realistik 2" minnow shads in 9-15', down 5-6'.

Great weekend and the kids had a blast. If they would only concentrate on fishing instead of smoochin'.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

Wish every weekend could be like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great weekend!!!!! Maybe they should increase the limit to cull some of those crappie. They get many more spawns and you're size limit is gonna take a dive.

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a great time.

Post Thanks / Like

congrats on a good weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Sounds like a great weekend!!!!! Maybe they should increase the limit to cull some of those crappie. They get many more spawns and you're size limit is gonna take a dive.

Fatman
    Yup, I agree Fatman. The lake is fairly shallow. Only hit 25' in one spot w/ most ranging in the 7-12' depth. Very little structure also. I was not very optomistic about catching fish...boy was I wrong. Also as the lakes go up here, it is not very clear.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.