Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Night fishing light question

Etowah, Tn. foothills to the Smokey Mountains
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Night fishing light question

Ask someone about a good night fishing light a while back and some of you guys recommmended going to Walmart and getting a q-beam. I went to walmart last evening and they had only 2 but they were some off brand. Was at Basspro in Springfield Mo. last week and should have done it then but Iwas so excited being in hunting and fishing heaven superstore I lost all train of memory. Should I go to other walmarts and check or what would you guys suggest? TennCrappie Thanks

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I visited every Wal Mart in the surrounding cities before I found one in Greensboro that had some left. I was told they were seasonal and wouldn't have any more in store until next year.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Alot of Walmarts carry 'em (in areas) and alot of others dont from the discussions here on the forums. Luckily for me they do carrry 'em around here cause I've broken a few from careless handling. I have bought several of 'em for @ $14 a piece but after a quick look on the net they run $22-$25 plus shipping from other stores. If you want to see what they look like do a search on Brinkmann Starfire II underwater light.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

tenncrappie,

What part of TN do you live in? If you live anywhere in middle TN, the Hermitage Wal Mart at the corner of Lebanon Road and Andrew Jackson has them and also the Wal Mart near the intersection of Old Hickory Blvd. and Nolensville Rd has them. I was just in there last week and saw them for $14.

By the way, they are called Brinkmann Q-Beam Starfire II if you end up having to order them.
    Mistah Kurtz - he dead
    A penny for the Old Guy

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

gabowman....I read on the forum somewheres...that if you cut a piece of swim noodle..the qbeams fits in the groove....I did that...and its should cut down on broken qbeams...

Post Thanks / Like

good tip pop bound to help
    [never snap at the hand that feeds ya

Post Thanks / Like

If you can't get them at local wal-mart BPS canhave them at your house in 3 days,they are the best lights that i have found and i do have 4 of them

Etowah, Tn. foothills to the Smokey Mountains
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks guys for the help and -

I live in east tenn between Chatt and K-town. Little place called Etowah. I fish mostly on Watts Bar Lake and the tail waters below it as well as the Hiwassee from Charleston to the Tenn River at Hiwassee Island. This is a great web site and Thanks you all for your help.