Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Louisiana Basin fishing (Just a thought)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Louisiana Basin fishing (Just a thought)

It seems that everyone I talk to lately has said that despite the water being at the right level in the Atchafalaya Basin the fishing for crappie has been real slow. Heck, I experienced that myself this past Saturday only catching (5) after 10 hours of fishing. You might think I am crazy but I woke up this morning about 4:00am thinking about why the crappie fishing is slow. The following is just my thought of why I think the bite is so slow in our part of the woods. Its called STRESS. Everything I have ever read about crappie fishing has said that crappie under stress shut down. The water is falling so fast in the basin it is bringing a lot of water out of the woods that has very little or no oxygen in it. This coupled with the hot water has got the crappie stressed out. Think about it. The water in our area of the world is seldom very deep. Most of our water is really stained which makes it warm even more.
    The crappie are there! I think they have either shut down, OR there is so much food coming out with the water leaving the woods they don't need our offering.
    BUT, to take a phrase from a gospel song I heard, "Hold on there's a change a coming..." Its call FALL and its right a round the bend.
    Anybody else got some thoughts?
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

Default just a thought....

Hey, Deacon........Your theory sounds as good as anything else I've heard lately about LA fishing. I know a few fishermen that seldom go home without fish, but they too are eating humble pie instead of fried crappie. What makes it unbearable is to see them on sonar but can't get a nibble. They might as well be on the moon. Stress could be a plausible explanation, but we may never know. I've run out of guesses as to the cause, but as you said, lets hope cooler weather brings better fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

BRO 4:00 IN THE a.m. MAN YOU GOT IT BAD!
    GOT BITE? -----~<*)###>{