Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet peeves when fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pet peeves when fishing!

Is it just me or do you fellas get upset when you are fishing up a shoreline or tree line and someone comes in a cuts you off then acts like you are in there way?? That happened to me this AM and I am still mad about it. I sure was wishing for a slingshot, shotgun, rocket launcer or something when it happened. Ok I feel better now, thanks for letting me vent!!

Shaun
    Don't take life so seriously, no one lives through it anyhow!!

Post Thanks / Like

What gets to me is when my friend and I are fishing our brush piles and the bass boats come flying by us about 30 yards away and there is plenty of room to run out a little further away....and then some of them will slow down and that just makes the wake twice as big....I don't know that just gets to me.....on Sam Rayburn you can realize how many bass boats there are every weekend.....

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I know it aggravates and irritates and makes you mad as all get out, but at the end of the day you gotta feel happy about your day and you might as well be at work if you're going to stay upset. I just move on. You reap what you sow, you know what I mean? It will come back around to him.

Life's too short to get too upset about anything for long. Besides, we're living in a terribly violent age right now and there's no telling what someone may do to you over a few fish. It just is not worth it. There's always tomorrow, hopefully a better day.

Post Thanks / Like

Depends on what you call cutting in. I don't expect to have a shoreline/treeline all to myself. But if you are talking about being on a spot and catching fish and someone butts right in and wants to fish the same spot , that I find annoying.
    If you ain't tyin' - you ain't fryin'

Take a kid fishin'
    Scrap

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Jet Skis! A 20mm on the bow would be nice.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

A couple of weeks ago I found spawning fish on a old road bed. They were stacked up there like cord wood. Anyway I had 2 bouys out marking about 30 feet of the road and was working my way up and down it with a jig. Well I noticed a pontoon boat watching me and every once in a while they would get a little closer to me. After this went on for a while I pulled my bouys up and eased down a little next thing I knew they were on top of my spot. Well I fished around and decided to go back to my spot. When I pulled up to it one of the guys said he was sorry they were on my spot the wind pushed them on it. Anyway he said we must have caught all the fish on it but to his surprise I put on a jig fishing clinic for him. He got pretty upset and finally left. I felt he got his payback for jumping on another mans hole!
    B&M Pro Staff
    Driftmaster Pro Staff
    TEAM BAIT PUMP
    MAGNOLIA CRAPPIE CLUB

Post Thanks / Like

Default peeves

Most of the time it's that I'm the only one doing the fishing. My fishing buddy usually fishes till about 10am, then eats lunch, and starts drinking, he's passed out by 3 and I'm the only one left with a pole in the water.

Post Thanks / Like

I realize I don't own the lake and always considered myself a very courteous fisherman. When I say "cut in" I mean 20 yards or less and start throwing your jig within a boats length of mine, that gets to me. And fishinbuddy you are exactly right, thanks for the advise. I have calmed with age but some things just get me riled up still. Man it's a good thing boats don't come with gun racks!!! LOL - Thanks guys, I am glad I am not the only one that has a problem with nitwits.

Shaun
    Don't take life so seriously, no one lives through it anyhow!!

Post Thanks / Like

My personal favorite is the """Stalker""" .... drives up and down the road watching you to catch fish ...as soon as you do he jumps out and says "catching any crappie ?" Depending on the answer he gathers his stuff and walks up and starts casting at your boat ..... or he drives off just to come back by about a 1/2 hour later .

You could be boating a mess of fish but if they ain't crappie he moves on ....only to return later ....after several trips like this .... I finally told him there was a big fish kill in the lake and it only killed the crappie ... now at least i can relax and enjoy myself without having to hear.......

"Catching any crap..py? " Dude gets on your nerves !!!!
    Jim McIntyre
    [email protected]

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

This is what gets to me. Not anyones fault, but just bad luck I guess.

You drive an hour to your favorite fishing lake after waking up way before dawn. You launch your boat as a light fog slowly lifts off the water. You have been thinking of your one favorite hole on the lake you know just has to be loaded with huge sows. You crank up and drive accross the lake knowing you will limit in about 3 hours. You turn the corner with great excitement into your favorite slough............... only to find a boat already sitting on your favorite hole.

That, my freinds, is a show stopper. I have had perfectly good fishing days ruined by my bad temper and my inability to just.......get over it. I have had that happen before and I should have just packed it up and left. One time that happened on the first 3 spots I went to. If I didn't have bad luck, I would have no luck at all.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast