Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: No boats on the water.....gas maybe.......

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default No boats on the water.....gas maybe.......

Usually this time of the year the lake is churning with skiers and Ski Doos. Winds been up, but that usually don't slow 'em down much.

Not too many cars on the road today either. I know everybody ain't in church all day.

Maybe high gas prices ain't such a bad thing after all. I am trying to remain positive about the gas situation.

Lots of folks have purchased boats, etc. and have financed them for eternity. Now, they just sit in the driveway or along the highway with big red signs attached.... It's the American way.

People starting to downsize vehicles. They gonna get scalped by the car dealers. I can just see it now. Honda 4 cylinder (20 speed tow package) towing 20 foot Ranger 250 Merc. Now here is where I would appreciate the chain draggers if I met this thing on a down hill run.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Much rougher waters ahead. Go buy $100 worth of groceries!!! Used to take a bunch of plastic bags to carry them. No more. Cucumbers=86¢ each?? Granny Smith apples=$1.29/lb.??? (that's 2 not-so-big apples). Reality has set in with me..........I think I'm seeing reality set in with others, but not some "wealth-blessed" yet. I wanted to fish yesterday, but too depressed to put gas in the Tracker. It's gettin' serious, folks!!!
    If I Ain't Crappie Fishin', I'm Thinkin' About It............

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvjign View Post
    Much rougher waters ahead. Go buy $100 worth of groceries!!! Used to take a bunch of plastic bags to carry them. No more. Cucumbers=86¢ each?? Granny Smith apples=$1.29/lb.??? (that's 2 not-so-big apples). Reality has set in with me..........I think I'm seeing reality set in with others, but not some "wealth-blessed" yet. I wanted to fish yesterday, but too depressed to put gas in the Tracker. It's gettin' serious, folks!!!
    We got a 1/2 acre garden growing (again). Hope the drought doesn't set in again this year. We are needing some rain here already. Last year bore beetles ruint everything.

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

We did a little road trip Saturday into MS to pick blueberries and traffic was very light. Looks like I will have to enlarge the garden a little so as I can eat more. Drought is already here, it hasn't rain in weeks in fact its been over a month. My water bill will be sky high this month trying to keep everything growing.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

We've been pretty OK on the rain, so far. The big crappie pool is full (at summer pool stage). I wanted to fertilize the yard.....13-13-13 is $13 for 50 lbs.....almost triple what I gave a year and a half ago.

Yeah, Tom.....them bugs can be a challenge. Tried the garden thing last year, and between the worms, deer, and nut-grass, I bowed out this year. Looks like ''survival of the (financially) fittest" may become a reality in the future!!
    If I Ain't Crappie Fishin', I'm Thinkin' About It............

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvjign View Post
    We've been pretty OK on the rain, so far. The big crappie pool is full (at summer pool stage). I wanted to fertilize the yard.....13-13-13 is $13 for 50 lbs.....almost triple what I gave a year and a half ago.

Yeah, Tom.....them bugs can be a challenge. Tried the garden thing last year, and between the worms, deer, and nut-grass, I bowed out this year. Looks like ''survival of the (financially) fittest" may become a reality in the future!!
    Obama wants to gives us free health care. Maybe he needs to expand and include free food and gas. Health care is the cheaper of the three.

I sure hope SSI gets costs of living adjustments. I ain't ever been retired before.

You right. Things are gonna get tough(er).

Post Thanks / Like

I was going to jump in but the water is still too cold for me.