Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More bull cookie reasons to raise the oil prices

Post Thanks / Like

Default More bull cookie reasons to raise the oil prices

Story today - http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080606/...qI3g9nm6sDW7oF

story Wed. - http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080604...fVkXGn4qgT5LIF

I saw gas at $4.15 yesterday. One day they are saying supplies are up and the next they are saying supplies are down. Its just more bologna. I just read a story yesterday saying that fuel usage here in the states was way down and supplies were up. Now today, along with a $11 rise in crude they are giving us the lame supply is down excuse again along with anything else thats going on in the world as another excuse to crank up the prices. Its time for the Government to crack down on these shady trading practices. They are just lining their pockets and using any old excuse that happens to be on the front pages of the newspapers that day.

Read the conflicting stories in this seach. http://news.search.yahoo.com/search/...TF-8&fr=&x=wrt At the beginning of the week they are saying supply is up and demand is down, so prices drop. Suddenly by the end of the week they are claiming "supply concerns" which is a load of bull hockey. Its pure speculative abuse of the market. Like I said in my last thread that got deleted for some reason. They just pick excuses out of their hats to raise oil prices and the US just lets them get away with it.

All the big oil speculators are probably laughing, saying this is like taking candy from a baby, and they are right.

Also, what happened to my other gas thread?
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 06-06-2008 at 02:50 PM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just waiting on the first hint of a hurricane this year, that ought
    to be good for another dollar or so (a gallon).
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

http://money.cnn.com/2008/06/06/news...ex.htm?cnn=yes

See someone said its going to goto 150$.... so now the speculators think they have permission...

Post Thanks / Like

Default The real culprit

He who has ears to hear, let him hear:

Our Own Oil Cartel
    by Terence P. Jeffrey
    Posted: 06/04/2008

Contemplate this the next time you spend $60 or more filling up your tinny little car with gasoline made from imported oil: The U.S. government knows where it can get its hands on more untapped petroleum than exists in the proven reserves of Iran or Iraq, which have 136 billion barrels and 115 billion barrels, respectively.

This unexploited stock of crude is greater than what the U.S. Energy Information Administration reports is in the proven reserves of Russia (60 billion barrels), Libya (41.5 billion barrels) and Nigeria (36.2 billion barrels) combined.

It is more than Hugo Chavez's Venezuela has (80 billion barrels).
    It is more than is now known to sit beneath the waters and sands of Kuwait (101.5 billion barrels) or the United Arab Emirates (97.6 billion barrels).
    So, where is all this oil? And why aren't they pumping it?

What cartel is holding it off the market, to drive up prices at American gas stations and American supermarkets? What insidious power is stifling the free market for this vital commodity and thus threatening the vitality of our economy?

It is us, of course. We are the culprits. We are responsible for artificially increasing oil prices. It is our oil that sits untapped beneath our deserts, our forests, our swamps and our oceans. It is our politicians -- the ones we freely elected, and re-elected, and re-elected -- who are not allowing our oil to be drilled by us and sold to us.

In 2005, Congress passed the Energy Policy Act, requiring the Department of Interior to inventory the oil resources that could be found both onshore and offshore in U.S. territory. In February 2006, Interior's Minerals Management Service (MMS) published the report on offshore oil resources on the Outer Continental Shelf (OCS). It determined there were 85.9 billion barrels of "undiscovered technically recoverable" oil sitting off our beaches.

Just this offshore portion of our undiscovered oil is more than all the proven oil in Venezuela, and more than all the proven oil in Russia, Oman, Qatar and Bahrain combined.

What does the government mean when it says this oil is "undiscovered technically recoverable" oil? It means we can go get it with off-the-shelf technology, but the government makes no judgment about the profitability of doing so. This oil, the government says, is "in undiscovered accumulations analogous to those in existing fields producible with current recovery technology and efficiency, but without any consideration of economic viability."

Last month, with almost no attention from the liberal media, the Bureau of Land Management released the report estimating the other part of America's undiscovered oil riches, the onshore resources. This added another 53 billion barrels to the national petroleum pot.

"The nation's undiscovered oil resources total about 139 Bbbls (billion barrels)," says the report. "Of that total, the MMS estimates that 86 Bbbls are offshore under the OCS, comprising 62 percent of the nation's resources. State waters and nonfederal onshore resources are the second largest potential source of production (21 percent), followed by Federal onshore oil resources (17 percent)."

Yet, so long as Congress and the president retain the federal moratoria that forbid most offshore drilling, the 85.9 billion barrels of crude offshore won't be tapped.

The May BLM report explains why most onshore oil won't be tapped, either. Of the 279 million acres of federal land "with potential for oil or natural gas resources," 60 percent is off limits to leases as a matter of federal statute or administrative policy. Another 23 percent is open to leases with "restrictions." These include such things as "lands that can be leased but ground-disturbing oil and natural gas exploration and development activities are prohibited" and "lands that can be leased, but stipulations ... limit the time of the year when oil and gas exploration and drilling can take place to less than 3 months."

A final 17 percent of federal land is open to oil drilling on more or less the same environmental terms as private land.

"All oil and gas leases on Federal lands, including those issued with only the standard lease terms, are subject to full compliance with all environmental laws and regulations," says the report. "These laws include, but are not limited to, the National Environmental Policy Act, Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, Endangered Species Act and National Historic Preservation Act. While compliance with these laws may delay, modify or prohibit oil and gas activities, these laws represent the values and bounds Congress believes appropriate to manage Federal lands."

You elected Congress. It paid you back with $4.00-per-gallon gas.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=26820
    Last edited by deathb4disco; 06-06-2008 at 03:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

138 dollars a barrel today. Lets hope it hit 250 a barrel

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, 250 a barrel. I'm thinking it's time we bite the bullet and get
    un-hooked from oil, and that looks like the only way it's going to happen,
    when we can't afford it.

DB4D, nah, I didn't elect them, what few I got to vote on, most of the
    one's in there I voted against.
    I do have a serious question, I ain't exactly a tree-hugger ya'll know -
    but if we LET the guys drill anywhere they wanted, would they?
    Or would they just play along and cap the wells off to keep prices up?

Have polar bear stew and drill till we look like a pincushion, are they gonna
    let the price go down, or come up with some cock-n-bull story and produce
    just enough to keep it $130 or $150 or whatever a barrel?
    I just can't see why they would pump that much, after all they're doing well
    as is.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/play...96534&src=news

Here is some more manipulation for ya. A "respected wall street analyst" is saying $5 by the 4th of July. In other words the market goons are going to do whatever it takes to get to $5 by the 4th. See the look on her face when she is reporting that?? That's the I'm being forced to say this and I'm being used look and shes not too happy about it.

When is this nation going to wake up?? When its $10/gal??? Where is the breaking point?? Maybe the US has been trained to be sheep so well they can do anything to us and we will just take it.
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 06-06-2008 at 06:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Gas went up to $4.18 here today. Yikes!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Conspiracy Theory

Personally I think it's an enormous international conspiracy to drive new technology, and advance alternate fuel development.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

Its going to be a cold.............winter...........in more ways than 1.
    I PRACTICE CATCH & FRY---DONT EVERYBODY ? Thumbs Up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast