Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Spawn is winding down in this part of Arkansas

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spawn is winding down in this part of Arkansas

The females I've cleaned the last couple days are down to less than 1/3 of their egg mass and we're catching a lot more males on the staging beds on points and dropoffs outside the spawning areas.

FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Jerry still looking for a time to set up a trip for you to take me and my dad on Hamilton. He is retired and is planning a trip out west and doestnt have that road trip in stone yet. I cant sleep at night thinking about me posing for one of your pics at the Clarion on the lake.
    Last weekend was terrible with the cold front that blew thru. I didnt event begin to go to the lake with the temps and the winds in the 40s. And now we have another blowing thru tommorow night. Do you have a technique that you would reccomend for this post cold front fishing. I was waiting and thinking about cashing in my kitchen pass Sunday afternoon. Its still supposed to be cool and clear but I thought you might reccomend some way to catch a few.

Post Thanks / Like

Smaller, slower, deeper and tighter to the brush is what I try to do when the bite gets light. The cold fronts won't slow them down as much this time of year like they do in summer and winter.

When they start into a post-spawn pattern you can get a good mess just about any day. They were 13 to 15-feet deep on Wednesday when that picture was taken - we only fished about 4 hours and I didn't catch any of them. Those folks are from Wisconsin and were impressed with the size of the crappie on Hamilton. Most of them were 13 to 14.5-inches.

I didn't fish today - worked on the old boat - but will be back after them tomorrow and I am booked up through Tuesday morning.

Just let me know when y'all want to go yank up a few and I'll show you some good honey holes and my system for giving them a boat ride.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default confirmed

another front was passing through today and the wind was terrible. Completely drained two deep cycle batteries in 5 hours. But, we did manage to land these:

Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]