Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dale Hollow Slabs

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Dale Hollow Slabs

:d These Two Slabs Came Off The Same Water Willow.i Caught The White One-waited Just A Minute And Threw Back To The Other Side Of The Tree.almost Instantly My Cork Looked Like A Torpedo!! I"ve Caught Several Crappie Off The Same Tree Or Bush Before ,but I Wonder What The Odds Are For Catching A Black & White This Size Togeather??both Went Well Over Two Pounds--jake Cut My Head Off In The Picture On Purpose I Think?lol--hes Worried Dads Gonna Catch One As Big As His!!good Fishin To Ya!!dennis Redtick-thanks!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

Awww isn't that sweet. Slab cousins. I wish we had white crappie here in Floridda
    Last edited by Crapbie; 04-28-2005 at 01:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome pair of slabs, Dennis. You're right, it's long odds of catching two like that, especially a black and a white back to back. Go back while your luck is still good!

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Actually Dennis ....

they look more like a male & female Black Crappie (male in your right hand - female in your left). You probably interrupted their courtship ritual with those pesky minnows :p !!!

One can sometimes tell whether the fish that's biting, is male or female (when using minnows under a cork) .... females seem to pull the cork under slowly but steadily, and straight down - while the males yank it under, on the run. At least, that's been my observation from fishing minnow/cork in the "buck bushes" at Barkley Lake .... have you seen similar behavior ................. cp

Post Thanks / Like

you got a real nice pair. looks good
    Life is what you make of it...

Post Thanks / Like

looks like two black crappie to me.. one,, the darker one a male and the lighter one, a female. I cant tell much about the darker one, but it looks like a male. they turn dark like that when they spawning
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Default whdere at

Quote Originally Posted by DENNIS BOWERS
    :d These Two Slabs Came Off The Same Water Willow.i Caught The White One-waited Just A Minute And Threw Back To The Other Side Of The Tree.almost Instantly My Cork Looked Like A Torpedo!! I"ve Caught Several Crappie Off The Same Tree Or Bush Before ,but I Wonder What The Odds Are For Catching A Black & White This Size Togeather??both Went Well Over Two Pounds--jake Cut My Head Off In The Picture On Purpose I Think?lol--hes Worried Dads Gonna Catch One As Big As His!!good Fishin To Ya!!dennis Redtick-thanks!!
    Were you on the north end of the lake, wolf river, or south end eagle creek?

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought the same thing, 2 black crappie. Dark male and light female. Then I decided they were really 4 big fillets. Nice fish.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rango
    looks like two black crappie to me.. one,, the darker one a male and the lighter one, a female. I cant tell much about the darker one, but it looks like a male. they turn dark like that when they spawning
    Crappiepappy and Rango, after a second look, I think you're right. I looked closer and seems like the male even has the lower part of his tail fin worn away. Good call.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree - big ole fillets
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast