Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Wood Carving

Post Thanks / Like

Question Wood Carving

Was wondering if any of you do wood carving? There is a Mexican kid that works for us,It is unreal the way he can carve out of nothing, Also he will take a peice of plain mud from the job site & make all kinds of cartoon heads from it, His dad told me that some time he carves with a plain piece of glass, He is always making me something So I'd like to get him a wood carving kit.Question is that I don't have a clue what to look for.Any help????

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bentpole View Post
    Was wondering if any of you do wood carving? There is a Mexican kid that works for us,It is unreal the way he can carve out of nothing, Also he will take a peice of plain mud from the job site & make all kinds of cartoon heads from it, His dad told me that some time he carves with a plain piece of glass, He is always making me something So I'd like to get him a wood carving kit.Question is that I don't have a clue what to look for.Any help????
    I have seen wood carving kits in wal mart. THey are in the crafts section and they have something like 10 differant knives/chisels. I had one when I was young and loved it!
    Brian

Will fish for food!

Post Thanks / Like

toolsforwoodworkingwood.com The one's from WM will break easy.If you buy the one's at WM tell him not to get them in a bind and he should be ok.I would get online and look for a set of palm chissel's.You can get a good set for less than 40$.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/forumdisplay.php?f=43

Try this site for some great info.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry