Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Washing filet's in soapy water

Post Thanks / Like

Default Washing filet's in soapy water

Hi, i 'm just wondering how many people besides myself wash their fish filet's in soapy water. I mix Dawn dish washing liquid and water just as if i was washing dishes and wash the filet's before cooking. I have told people about this and they look at me like i was nut's or something on that order and they always ask if the fish then taste soapy..no they don't. You would be surprized how much oil and such the soap removes, especially catfish. Try this sometime you will be amazed how much better fish taste.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gaspin View Post
    Hi, i 'm just wondering how many people besides myself wash their fish filet's in soapy water. I mix Dawn dish washing liquid and water just as if i was washing dishes and wash the filet's before cooking. I have told people about this and they look at me like i was nut's or something on that order and they always ask if the fish then taste soapy..no they don't. You would be surprized how much oil and such the soap removes, especially catfish. Try this sometime you will be amazed how much better fish taste.
    No offence intended, but, not a chance
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gaspin View Post
    Don't mean to sound sarcastic, but You say "remove the oil and such"...........WHY? I fry 90% of mine in oil........the other 10% is either baked (with butter), or grilled. I'm sorry, but I just don't get the logic.
    If I Ain't Crappie Fishin', I'm Thinkin' About It............

Post Thanks / Like

I could understand it if I were feeding them to a potty mouth.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Im at a loss for word's.Do you wash everything you eat in soapy water?This is one tip I'll pass on.Welcome to the site though.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like wipin the A$$ with sandpaper - no I have not tried neither.

Post Thanks / Like

Aaaaa No Thanks... I lost my taste for soap when I was a kid, got my mouth washed out with soap for "#@*#%@"

Gonefission
    Bill

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds wierd to me.:rolleyes: I sometimes wash fish in salt water with a little vinager or lemon juice. Will even use hot water on Buffalo Ribs or some Catfish. But always rinse quickly in ice water. I never even entertained the idea of using soap of any kind.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Can't say I ever tried it, nor does it sound like something I want to try. I rinse well with cold water then soak in cold salt water for a while before breading and frying. The salt takes any oily taste right out of pretty much any fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Well , i can tell by your replies that not many of you wash their fish in soapy water and then rinse them before frying. I can assure you that a lot of people here in Southern Illinois do this. Some day a lot of you will try this and your going to be very surprised at how much better your fish is going to taste. Some people i know were reluctant to try this but once they did they will not eat them any other way. thanks for your replies

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast