Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Propane grill gauge?

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Propane grill gauge?

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=8587355
    Anyone use one of these? I'd like to know how much gas is in my tank but don't want to cut down the pressure any more than it is. Maybe I should replace the regulator too? Seems to me it should be a little higher than what its always been (if needed).
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I always just use the open valve & lean test to find out how much gas I have left. I've had a gauge on a grill before, but because I leave my grill outside it didn't take long for the guage to go bad so I just went back to the old-fashioned way.
    Goodnight Vienna...Pistols Firing!!!

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zinsurance View Post
    I always just use the open valve & lean test to find out how much gas I have left. I've had a gauge on a grill before, but because I leave my grill outside it didn't take long for the guage to go bad so I just went back to the old-fashioned way.
    What is a lean test?

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN View Post
    What is a lean test?
    Open valve and "lean" over to smell maybe?
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

First, unhook the tank from your grill. Then open your valve. When you open the valve(there is a screw you will need to loosen on the side of the valve as well), you always have a little propane coming out with the tank setting upright., you can hear it but not usually see it, if you lean the tank over, the propane will really flow out to where you can see the white cloud of gas. The further you lean it over the less gas the tank has in it. For example if you have to lean the tank half way over before the gas really comes out the tank is about half full. Then all you have to do is tip the tank back upright, close your valve and tighten the screw back.
    Goodnight Vienna...Pistols Firing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. I solved my problem by just buying a spare tank. That screw you are talking about that you loosen after opening the main valve. Is that by any chance a volume control?

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Hardyville Hart Co, Ky,45min fromNolin, 50 min. Green 55 min. Barren 75 min Dale!
    Post Thanks / Like

Pour hot water on the tank and feel the sides, where you feel hot meets cold that's the level,
    Rowdy
    Remember This Beautiful World is
    ''Only Temperary Housing''!

Rowdy

Post Thanks / Like

I use one I got from Barbques Galore in Charlotte, NC. It's high flow with no kind of restrictions. It was a tad more $ than that guage.
    John 21:3
    Simon Peter said to them, "I am going fishing." They said to him, "We are going with you also." They went out and immediately got into the boat, and that night they caught nothing.

And we act like this Nightstalking thing is new.

For some excitment, read the next verse. A special guest arrived, they filled their coolers and had a fish fry on the beach...in the morning. My kind of people.- Bowfin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bowfin View Post
    I use one I got from Barbques Galore in Charlotte, NC. It's high flow with no kind of restrictions. It was a tad more $ than that guage.
    Can you give me a little more info. I've got a boy that lives in Mathews, I could get him to pick me one up.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

It looks alot like the Wally World Guage. Barbques Galore is in the Arboretum off Providence road in Charlotte. They've got some good prices on their lower end grills. Lower end for them is still better than the typical Lowes/WalMart/HomeDepot grills.
    they also have a website that I've ordered from, but they were slow shipping since they were moving their warehouse (supposedly).
    John 21:3
    Simon Peter said to them, "I am going fishing." They said to him, "We are going with you also." They went out and immediately got into the boat, and that night they caught nothing.

And we act like this Nightstalking thing is new.

For some excitment, read the next verse. A special guest arrived, they filled their coolers and had a fish fry on the beach...in the morning. My kind of people.- Bowfin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast