Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New to Board

Post Thanks / Like

Default New to Board

Hello everyone. Been watching this board for a while and thought I would jump in, hope I didn't steal anyones user name, if so I can change. I live near Live Oak Landing in Stockton, Alabama on the Mobile/Tensaw River Delta. So now you have someone to ask for info about this area. I fish for crappie, bass and bluegill almost year round. I'm not the best, however I'm not the worst either, I do catch my share and I also draw blanks at times. I will give you an overview of what's going on now. The river has receded back to almost normal and the water looks good. Fish are hard to find, we had a big fish kill due to hurricane Ivan filling the river with green leaves and when they began to rot they took all the oxgyen out of the water. I talked to a couple of conservation officers that were doing some shocking for fish and they told me that they were not finding any above the I-65 bridge, however they were finding plenty below the bridge all the way to the causeway. If you have any other questions, let me know and if I don't have the answer I will try to get it for you.

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

welcome to the board and please give us reports on your trips.. we love pics..
    nice to have a southern poster. many people asking about your area before.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Beatlespin. I look forward to reading your posts and seeing' some pics. I've got a lotta relatives down in that area and get down there every once in a while. I'd like to hear about the fishing down there.

Post Thanks / Like

I too would like to hear reports. I enjoy reading about others catches. I also love to travel to other areas to fish. Chub

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see you on the board. I live in the Saraland area and fish all year. We were catching some decent numbers of fish from the Shepard's Lake area before Saturdays deluge. Pre fished a bass tournament in Joes Crib on Friday and seen several good perch caught. Could not get one to hit a jig but the guys with minnows did ok. Chippawaw has been good with a black beatle spin. Can't wait till the water gets down to get up on the Tomm. May be June before decent water now. A liitle tip to try if you haven't already. Add some food color to your minnow bucket to get the water slightly Orange. After about 30 minutes the moinnows will develope a Orange tint to them. Fished beside my father last year with my minnows in the tinted water and his normal. Out caught him 3 to 1. good luck.

Blade