Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Where do you find a book on salt water fish

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where do you find a book on salt water fish

Me and the Family are going to Port Aransas for a week in June. I have been a lake fisherman all my life and only once have I fished in the ocean with my Dad a couple years ago off of one of the peers. I am a certified dummy and need a book to be able to look up exactly what it is I am catching so I dont have to ask the other people on the peer hehe. Where do I find one. I hope it has pictures hehe
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by father of 4 View Post
    Me and the Family are going to Port Aransas for a week in June. I have been a lake fisherman all my life and only once have I fished in the ocean with my Dad a couple years ago off of one of the peers. I am a certified dummy and need a book to be able to look up exactly what it is I am catching so I dont have to ask the other people on the peer hehe. Where do I find one. I hope it has pictures hehe
    Here is a link to salt water & Fresh Water fish ID. The main ones you will need to know about are these...
    Speckled Trout, Red Fish, Croaker, Flounder, There are a couple of types of perch/bait fish and one with fins that will get you and one not so bad, Pray you get a Pompano, There are Snook Possible but unlikely, Hard Head catfish and Gafftop which have the softer fins, Spanish Mackerel are possible and looking through this list not every thing is listed or I call them something different.

Here is another link and I am sure you find more...
    http://gotexas.about.com/od/fishing/a/SaltFish.htm

Fishing reports here too...
    http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fishboat...shreport.phtml

If you had a chance to take a boat for fishing the bay system it's great. Lots of shallow flats to find the Red Fish and Trout around the grasses.

I lived down there in Ingleside for 11 years from like 1980-1991 and fishing the bays was great! Just make sure to always wash you reels very good in fresh water every day.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Skip. Me and my Son are going out on the Scat Cat on an 11 1/2 hour fishing trip. We are looking forward to it
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a lot of pictures for fish commonly caught off the SC coast, plus what baits they hit. Also if you see someone catching fish and you're not, go over and ask what they're using. Most folks are really nice and are glad to help. I'll PM you a little more info.