Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Spot or a Mover?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Favorite Spot or a Mover?

I was wondering how many fish their favorite spots every time they go to a lake. I used to fish this way a lot and change tactics to catch fish in my favorite spots. Now it seems that I try to find the fish that want my presentation and move alot more. It seems the fishing hasn't slowed. I used to charge a trolling battery once every 3 or 4 trips. Now I charge it every time. I was just wondering how many prefer favorite spots or moving??
    Caught so many fish today my thumb is sore from clicking the counter.

Post Thanks / Like

Generally favorite spot(s) person. Been a few months since I got a limit. Caught a limit Sunday evening at a new spot Id never been to. Go figure lol

Post Thanks / Like

A little of both for me. I usually hit my favorite spot for a while, see if things are hot or not, then if there aren't fish in the neighborhood (rare, but it happens) I'll start moving around (usually trolling) until I find where they're hanging out. That usually doesn't take too long, as they only seem to hang out in certain areas.

If your battery charger is a "smart-charger" , you might want to put it on the charger after every outing - regardless of how much you use your TM. Keeping a "maintenance" charge on it will keep the plates from getting sulfated - extending the life of your battery.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a mover, spider-rigging. I have a lot of stumps etc. marked along the creek and tend to just move from one spot to the next. About 5-10 mins is the most time I will spend over one stump but will return if we caught some nice ones there. What's best is when there a a few good spots close together so I can move back and forth between them, in my mind they don't get as spooked that way. Just my way.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Im a mover also.That is after my favorite spot's are tried.I also try some new technique each outing if time permit's.

Post Thanks / Like

i've got favorite spots that i always try, then move on to try and establish lots of favorite spots.

Post Thanks / Like

I have favorite spots that produce fish on most bodies of water I fish, and I will always give them a try. But I never stay in one spot too long, alot of times you would think I was bass fishing the way my foot never leaves the pedal. I have learned that just because they were there yesterday, doesn't mean they will be there today. I may be passing up fish, but I like to move around.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

If I'm fishing from the bank, I will pick a spot and chum to draw the fish to me. If I'm in my float tube, I will keep moving.

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I vertical jig brushpiles most of the time. We have close to 200 in the lake and fish about 40 most trips. Guess that makes me a mover . LOL:D
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

I used to be a spot sitter. Problem was if the fish weren't there one day, I had trouble deciding where to go to find them. Now I stay on the move a lot, pitching or casting to cover as I go. I have several spots I like to hit every time out, depending on patterns of course, so I will usually plan where I am going to start and which way I'm going, that way I can work my spots in. I often return to certain spots several times in a day. If you sit on a spot for a while and then they quit, some people say they aren't there anymore. I find if you leave a productive spot that has slowed alone for a while and let things settle down, the fish will often times be there again later. They get spooked watching all their brothers and sisters disapear. I'm not usually looking for numbers as much as quality fish. From my experience, I catch more big fish by working a lot of water and hitting as many spots as possible than I did just sitting on a school and hoping to get lucky.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast