Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: yellow crappie line

Post Thanks / Like

Default yellow crappie line

does the yellow crappie line really help or hurt your fishing? and does it help any at all when fishing at night?
    EAT, SLEEP, FISH AND LOVE THY WIFE

Post Thanks / Like

It's popular here, does not seem to affect the bite at all, in fact some fisherman say they catch more on this line.
    "Never Fry Bacon Naked"

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fish-wva View Post
    does the yellow crappie line really help or hurt your fishing? and does it help any at all when fishing at night?
    I use it, great for these tired old eyes. The crappie dont seem to mind it at all. In other words go for it.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

Post Thanks / Like

I switch to sufix hi-vis yellow line. have to say some of the best line i ever owned.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

I switched to HI-VIS lines on all my rods. It's so much easier to keep an eye on the line. My most sensitive rods don't beat watching the line and HI-VIS makes that easier. I think I catch more fish since switching then I ever have. You still miss fish, just not quite as many. I have even caught walleye on it, and they say walleye have super sensitive eyes and it doesn't seem to effect much.
    Caught so many fish today my thumb is sore from clicking the counter.

Post Thanks / Like

I have hi-vis yellow and hi-vis chartreuse on my poles. A lot of the pros prefer the hi-vis chartreuse (some only make lime-green, close enough) with the thought that the line gets the fishes attention so that when their jig or minnow comes by the fish are alerted and ready. With how much we all know crappie like chartreuse it makes sense to me.

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't tried it yet, but a ton of highly successful crappie anglers on this forum swear by it.

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Fish-WVA ...

Quote Originally Posted by fish-wva View Post
    I've used hi-vis lines for over 15yrs, and have caught fish on every one I've used ...

I mostly cast, so I "see" the bite more often than I "feel" the bite. I'm a trained line watcher :p from my Bass fishing days ... so the transition was easy.

IMHO ... unless you're fishing in gin clear water, or for heavily pressured fish, line color makes no difference to the fish. And, even then, if you can't detect the strike ... you're probably not going to catch as many, anyway. So ... if you can see the clear/blue or low-vis lines, well enough to detect the "tic" of a light bite ... and it gives you confidence that the fish can't see it ... then go low-vis. If you can't see it so well, then you're likely to be better off with hi-vis line

As far as using it at night ... don't think it makes all that much difference, one way or the other.

I'm relating all this from my experiences with casting/swimming a jig. When casting a Roadrunner, or other types of baits that require a moderate speed & constant retrieve ... I feel the bite, because I have no slack in my line. Either color/visibility line would work, then .... but, I still use hi-vis lines, because that's all I have spooled up :D

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with CP , if your reeling a bait back in the only time I've had trouble detecting a hit is the dreaded Taxi / hitchiker lazy day crappie, then about all you can do is reel fast & set the hook! Old crappie vets tell me most people never know their getting a bite, so its reasonable when trying Hi-Vis lines the catch rate goes up.
    "Never Fry Bacon Naked"

Post Thanks / Like

I think clear line is better or at least a line that not highly visible.I dont think color of line has ever made a fish bite a lure,maybe not seeing line has.I think yellow line helps catch more fisherman than fish.You have to remember that that the pros get paid to say this is great stuff or thats great stuff.
    I PRACTICE CATCH & FRY---DONT EVERYBODY ? Thumbs Up

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast