Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: installation of trolling motor ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default installation of trolling motor ?

guys , im getting a new trolling motor added to my boat ? what should that run ? also looking at getting a fishfinder up front at the same time ? installation wise , what should both of those run ? im terrible at doing those type things ! i wont even attempt it ! thanks guys!

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Run 6 gauge wire for the trolling motor and 16 gauge wire for the depth finder. This will cover anything you put in now and you will be covered if you want to upgrade later on down the road. Be sure to use a circuit breaker for the TM and a fuse for the DF.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I have no idea.It's not that hard to do though.Are you going to add a foot or hand tm? Fish finder's come with detailed instruction's.Pick your head up and do it yourself.The Empire State Building was built with simple instruction's.

Post Thanks / Like

$500 plus for the trolling motor (12v cheap model) installed...probably include the battery...24V might be a bit higher...End cost depends on brand and 12v vs 24v.