Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Email problems

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Email problems

Any of you who occasionally email me at home, and wondering why I'm not replying, it's because I'm not getting incoming mail. This has happened before - it's most likely the ISP. You can send me a private message through thsi site, if you need to.
    I hate my ISP. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up All better now

Tech support found corrupted files in my mailbox. Once those were deleted, things were good again. - Roberta

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Roberta
    Are you by any chance using Cox Cable?
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Roberta (or anyone that gets crap in their inbox that won't download),

Go to http://awebmail.com/, enter your email and password, open your inbox and delete all the crap.

With my email address on the web I get a lot of crap and have to clean it up this way quite often.

Jerry
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default No cable; just dial-up

Cable ends four miles down the road, so I have one of the two local dial-up services (Core Com). It was nice logging on this morning and only having one email and it was from a friend. - Roberta

Post Thanks / Like

Default Email Addy's

Have you guys and gals ever used a HOTMAIL account? They filter the mail and you can add people to your list that can get email to you as all others are blocked. That way if you converse with a client you can just add their email addy to your list and they can email you on your hotmail account. It's free too.

I use hotmail accounts when I don't want to give out my regular ISP email address which I keep a closely guarded secret. That really cuts down on the amount of junk mail that I would be receiving otherwise.

Yahoo also should allow you to have a free email account.

They may be able to read you emails but then so can any ISP that you use.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta
    Cable ends four miles down the road, so I have one of the two local dial-up services (Core Com). It was nice logging on this morning and only having one email and it was from a friend. - Roberta
    Regards,

Moose1am

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Moose1am
    Have you guys and gals ever used a HOTMAIL account? They filter the mail and you can add people to your list that can get email to you as all others are blocked. That way if you converse with a client you can just add their email addy to your list and they can email you on your hotmail account. It's free too.

I use hotmail accounts when I don't want to give out my regular ISP email address which I keep a closely guarded secret. That really cuts down on the amount of junk mail that I would be receiving otherwise.

Yahoo also should allow you to have a free email account.

They may be able to read you emails but then so can any ISP that you use.
    Yes, I use hotmail for my email. Also have yahoo for an ID, because of belonging to a group for Nascar, but have emails for it, come to my hotmail account. On our computer, we don't use our isp for email, for the simple reason of all the trash mail you can get. My neighbor has been plauged by this continually, plus you can get viruses too easy that way.
    Hotmail and Yahoo are both going to give expanded space for your emails now. Before it was quite limited, but the reason being that Google is coming out with their own email and have already said that they would give quite a bit more space than the other two did. So it has forced them to take action and give us more space. Hotmail also uses MCaffee to check all your incoming mail before you open it up, and that is a plus also. Keith