HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pushing Crankbaits?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pushing Crankbaits?

Any of you fellas push crankbaits (spider rigging style)? I've heard of it being done, but don't see a lot of info to support it. Maybe I haven't looked in the right place. I love jigging and slow trolling (the traditional way - pushing jigs/minnows), but have pondered trying the crankbait-pushing method. Was talking to Jeff White today (the Trolling King), and he's done flung a cravin' on me to try it, as I have vowed not to pull them. Anybody care to share what they know that works? What size cranks, deep or shallow runners, how much weight & and how you rig, etc...????
    Last edited by luvjign; 05-14-2008 at 09:24 PM.
    If I Ain't Crappie Fishin', I'm Thinkin' About It............

Post Thanks / Like

I'm all ears as well!!! I'm going to try it this summer as well. Lets just go tie some stuff on one day LJ and give it our best....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pstone View Post
    I'm all ears as well!!! I'm going to try it this summer as well. Lets just go tie some stuff on one day LJ and give it our best....
    Hey, I got real ready when I went to Wal-Mart this evening after work to pick up my BP medicine, and wondered back to the fishin stuff........and did something I ain't done in 20 years.......looked at crankbaits. Dedgum, them Normans are high!!! Anyway, I'm gonna be engineering me some pushin poles and shoppin for cranks.......and start somewhere

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm gonna try that Power Trolling this summer. I ain't got a clue. Bout like my spider rigging abilities.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I got me a box full of Bandits just waiting for you to say the word....If you want we will try it out with mine to see if you like it, and if you do you can buy a bunch of em if you don't, you won't be out anything...
    Quote Originally Posted by luvjign View Post
    Hey, I got real ready when I went to Wal-Mart this evening after work to pick up my BP medicine, and wondered back to the fishin stuff........and did something I ain't done in 20 years.......looked at crankbaits. Dedgum, them Normans are high!!! Anyway, I'm gonna be engineering me some pushin poles and shoppin for cranks.......and start somewhere

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pstone View Post
    I got me a box full of Bandits just waiting for you to say the word....If you want we will try it out with mine to see if you like it, and if you do you can buy a bunch of em if you don't, you won't be out anything...
    I'm game

Post Thanks / Like

I have pushed crankbaits before. I love Bandit 300 series when long-line trolling, but I prefer the lipless rat-l-trap (tiny trap) when I push them. I can't say it's my favorite, but I have cuaght some crappie this way. I use 3 way swivels with a 3/8 drop shot weight on the bottom tag line. I am interested in some differant methods of pushing though.
    Caught so many fish today my thumb is sore from clicking the counter.

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wally Marshall has a dvd out that will show you how to set them up for spider rig trolling. He even has a model crankbait out that costs less than the bandits too. BPS has the dvd and when i bought it, it was on sale. Crappie secrets uncovered 2. Price is $9.95. A really good instructional dvd.

Post Thanks / Like

Give it up. It don't work. Jeff and Wally are pulling your leg.:D:D:D:D

Post Thanks / Like

I have pushed and pulled crankbaits. Normally I catch more fish when I pull them. Pushing a crankbait gives you the advantage of knowing exactly how deep your fishing because of the large weight 3ft in front of the bait but it also puts you in range of noise from the trolling motor unless your using a kicker like on a pontoon boat.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM TWEENER!
    Member of Tri-State Crappie Anglers

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast