Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teenagers

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Teenagers

Well the wife and I got the dreaded phone call Saturday night. Our youngest son had been involved in an automobile accident. It was in an other town, so it took a little bit to get there. When we got to the scene the street was close, police car, fire trucks, rescue trucks were all over the place. His truck was upside down in the middle of the street. We just got the truck a week ago. A firefighter took us to our son who we sitting on a curb. He was ok, just shook up. He had run a stop sign and was hit by a big SUV. Both drivers and the all passengers are ok. Just my sons pride us bruised.

We got lucky this time. My advice, give your kids a big hug when you see them today, and let them know that you care for them no matter what mistakes they make.

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Glad everyone is OK. With luck, he just became a very cautious driver for future purposes.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

hope he is alright!my son just turned 16 and i hope i never get that call!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear he is ok. Mine are no where near driving age, so I have a while before having to deal with stuff like that.
    Brian

Will fish for food!

Post Thanks / Like

I was on the way to pick my 11yr old son up at school a few days ago and a wreck happened right in front of the school. No one was hurt but auto accidents happen so quick! It is so dangerous to be on the roadways these days. Cell phones, DUIs, folks in a big hurry and people like me always looking off the road at something like a deer, turkey or fishin hole. I pray everyday that we will get home safe.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank God he is ok.
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

Glad your son is ok and that is some great advice about hugging your kids!
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad he is ok. That truck can be replaced. I am a Volunteer Fireman and have worked several of our Teenagers deaths here in Paducah that we knew very personally. wrwest your advise is exactly right. My theory is no matter how mad you are at your spouse or children, never leave without saying goodbye and I love you or go to bed without saying good night and I love you. It may just be the last words you ever say to them.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

Shew, glad he's ok, it's hard to tell teenagers much, or it was when I was one, but I did learn. I hope this gets his attention a bit since he came out ok, he was lucky.
    Jesus Said: Come, follow me & I will make you fishers of men.

Post Thanks / Like

I am glad that he was ok, we got our call from the hospital by a policeman. Like yours it was in another town about an hour away. An elderly woman turned in front of him, and he broadsided her. She turned out better than our son did. He got a concussion and bruised the muscles in his shoulder from the seat belt. He was sore for awhile but turned out ok.
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast