Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Brush piles and grass

Post Thanks / Like

Default Brush piles and grass

I am preparing to make a bunch of Jerry Blake style brush piles and have a question. I was recently told that if I put a brushpile like his in a lake with coon tail and hydrilla that it will overtake it and pull down the brushpile. I am planning on placing them on gradualy sloping points on the outside edge of the grass but again was told that the bushpile would only last one season. Has anyone else had problems with brushpiles getting pulled down or did I get some bad advice.

Post Thanks / Like

Moose the water is gin clear on my lake. I mean bottled water clear. Especialy this early in the year before the "stuff" that you can name and I cant starts growing. The Hydrilla, Coon tail stops at about the 20 ft deep level.
    Again I have never heard of grass pulling a brush pile down so I dont know for sure. I did read in Blakes article that that brush piles made with green leaves on them will sour and catch silt and the silt can pull them down. However he makes no mention of growing grass overtaking them.
    On another note get us some pics from your last fishing trip up. I cant wait to see em and read the storys.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure all plants are going to grow in the summer alot so maybe you could put some piles right by the weedline and some 20ft away and then if they spread out the fish the further ones and when they die back you fish the closer ones? Or you could compromise and make them all 10ft away from the weedlines, I would think crappie will find them that close.