Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Closing down Hatteras:mad:

Post Thanks / Like

Default Closing down Hatteras:mad:

Its a shame that they closed down the access on Cape Hatteras. I been there a couple times and love the experience of driving on the beach, etc. For retaliation, I've told the members of a UK based fishing forum "Don't come to the totaltarian states of America."
    Oh I could wrestle a monster fish

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess you told them. Years ago I use to go down there a lot and pass out, er I mean fish from the beach. Really had some good times I think.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Default yep

We might get global support :D
    Oh I could wrestle a monster fish

Post Thanks / Like

It sucks BIG TIME.

Post Thanks / Like

I hate that, one of the best motorcycle trips/rides I have ever experienced was riding through there, it's just breath taking & such an awesome site.
    Jesus Said: Come, follow me & I will make you fishers of men.

Post Thanks / Like

Harry, did you like going to the OBX with us?
    Son of Racoon, Friend of whiskerwhipper, FHB to all.

Post Thanks / Like

so are you saying just no more vehicles on the beach? If so, why now?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sac-a-lait View Post
    so are you saying just no more vehicles on the beach? If so, why now?
    No vehichles in the ORV areas from 10pm-6am (peak drum aka redfish to you LA guys time)...in a prime time. I garuntee there have been numerous opportunities to put 100 40"+ drum on the beach at the Point (Cape Hatteras) with nobody able to get out there after them, except to wade through waste deep water for a mile and a half in dangerous current).

on top of that....any time some stupid @$$ little tweety birds gets a lil frisky with another one, they put up closures, closed to any and every kind of access, blocking in whole beach. Where as there were miles and miles to drive and fish, it's limited to just turning around at the ramp on the beach. The Audobon Society and DOW have bullied the NPS into doing whatever in the h3ll they want them to do and close whatever they want them to close. The local economy there is suffering because of it. People are canceling their vacations because they cant get out on the beach in their ORV, which is what makes the Cape Hatteras National Seashore so popular in the first place.....that and the extreme diversity of fishing...............and this time of year, the vast numbers of drum (bull reds for u LA guys ) that can be taken from from the beach....not to mention cobia this time of year from the beach.

Post Thanks / Like

That sucks. AS a kid I went to High School in Virginia Beach and we used to drive To Hatteras and the Outer Banks and surf ALL DAY on weekends. The thing I remember most is driving on the beach until we found a break we liked and we would stop and set up. As far as you could see both ways on the beach would not be another human. It was awesome!!! We used to surf, Duck, Waves, Kitty Hawk, Kill Devil Hills, Oka (something I think). It was something I will never forget doing as a 16 year old kid with a few buddies.

Post Thanks / Like

amen to that. find a nice cut in the bar and launch a bait and wait. I generally go 3 or 4 times a year...idk now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast