Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishing at Stamford and Got Hit By The Thieves

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing at Stamford and Got Hit By The Thieves

Went fishing at Stamford Lake with 2 of the kiddos Sat. thru Monday. We had a blast. Since I havent gotten the boat motor fixed yet, we fished in the crappie house and off the bank. Saturday night didnt do too great on the keeper part but we did catch a few. We decided to leave the youngest Daughters nice keeper crappie in the basket to add to it the next day. Went back the next morning and some EVIL NO GOOD SORRY SON OF A GUN had stole our fish. Its not that it cost anything but its just the thought that people will do things like this. They were nice enough to leave our fish basket though. Anyhoo, we continued fishing and wound up catching around 15 or so keepers and a lot more almosters. It happened just like every other time I take the youngest Daughter fishing. I got 3 keepers, my youngest Son got 3 keepers, and guess who caught the rest of them lol. I got to sit down one day and learn how to fish from her lol. I was bound and determined to get pics of the kids with the fish but remembered after we were on the way home Monday and had them filleted lol.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about Stamford, but at Toledo Bend we have some pretty smart otters that have been known to do that.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

never saw an otter there. But I suppose its ok maybe they were hungrier than I was lol
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

My money would be on the raccoons Gordon.Couple week ago had some friends at White River that caught the lake record walleye late at night.He put it on a stringer to wait for the marina to open in the morning.When he got back all he had was a huge set of Jaws left on the stringer, not even a crumb of flesh !!!

Glad ya'll had a good time.Did you get to see wtexasfisherman ????
    "Only Death will end my love affair with Texas"........... Bob Bullock

Post Thanks / Like

Never saw him but looked. My Son hit the nail on the head when he said "Staying here makes me miss lake Kickapoo" I think we will stay at Kickapoo from now on.

Post Thanks / Like

Racoons did it to my fish a couple times, talk about Houdini opening things.

Post Thanks / Like

Well who ever took the fish, I am sorry to hear it.
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

My money is on the racoon, sorry
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

Post Thanks / Like

Either way, I'm sure you'd give up tons of fish for time with the kids like that. Glad you all had a great time and didn't let the incident ruin your weekend

P.S. If your girl starts giving fishing lessons... let me know!:D
    If you are a veteran or active military, THANK YOU.

Post Thanks / Like

I think she will start a fishing class next week. Hope to have plenty of lessons before the trip to Port Aransas next month lol. I suppose the missing fish could have been a racoon but it sure was far down there for a coon to get. I could barely lay on my belly and get water

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast