Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cut Bait verses Live Minnowa

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cut Bait verses Live Minnowa

Okay Guys I live in Idaho where we are aloud to use Cut bait. As long as the fish was in your possession limit. We use trout, Crappie, Perch and others. Any none game fish we can cut up Chubs, pike minnow, suckers, square jaws and shiners if they are dead. We can not use live minnows here in Idaho. What happens here some of those jokers using live bait release them where ever they are when getting ready to leave. We have some of the best trout fishing lakes in the country and people haul trash fish in and release them. I bet those of you release live fish in places that you shouldn't. Shame on you. At least cut bait you don't have that problem. Going fishing bye.
    Last edited by Ken Jones; 04-29-2008 at 11:03 AM. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like

Personally I consider trout as a trash fish. jmo! Never found a way to cook, bake or grill them that I really could say I liked. If I wanted the flavor of a trout I would just squirt and oil can in my mouth and would have the flavor of a trout.
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Me to. I cut up a 4 lb. Trout for Sturgeon bait. Fish and Game asked me to head up a sturgeon outting, that Idaho was the host state. It was Fisheries people from 15 different states. We had five Jet boats to accomadate every one. It was a day trip. Well anyway I parked each boat in different areas and I parked. I got this 4lb trout out and started cutting it up. One guy from Michigan asked what are you doing, I'm cutting him up for bait. He, said hell man we don't catch that big of trout at home.