Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: warning about ealgle claw fishing line at walmart

john tratchel Guest

Default warning about ealgle claw fishing line at walmart

I Went To The Local Walmart To Paurchase Some Fishing Line, I Picked Out Eagle Claw Premium Clear Line In 8lb And 12lb, When I Got Home I Stripped The Line From My Reels, And Took The Cellophane Wrapping Off The New Eagle Claw Line The Eagle Claw Label Came Off Also And Underneath Was Another Label For Walmart Renegade Brand Fishing Line, I Was So Mad I Took It Back To Wally World And Let Them Know I Didn't Like To Be Mislead About What I Was Buying And Got A Refund, All Of The Eagle Claw Spools At The Walmart Had A Walmart Label Under Neath. Wally World Would Not Admit To Anything Wrong But Neither Did I Feel It Was Good For The Customers.

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

If you would be okay with Eagle claw line, you should be okay with Walmart line. Except for the big 3 or 4 companies, most of the "off brand" comes from the same place. It is plenty strong, the only draw back is might have bad memory.

I have 17 pound Shakespear from walmart on my striper rods. It pulls my boat around when I get hung while drifting.

I think you may be angry for nothing.

Dayton

Post Thanks / Like

I think he had a right to be angry. He was mislead regardless of the quality of line. I too want to know what I'm buying. And covering one label with another label of a different kind is ridiculous. I don't disagree with your point Ranger, the line is probably the same quality, but John has a right to be mad and definitely get his money back. And should have pushed for a 10 doller gift certificate or something...hehe. You could have got it too. I used to work at Wally world. If you got a point such as that one, all you gotta do is push for it and they will cough up the gift card.

Post Thanks / Like

I would say to file a complaint but you know they will just make sure they remove the first label before adding the second lol. It sounds like you need to buy some mr.crappie line although it probaly comes from another company too and is just relabled. I bet powerpro is probaly from Japan and fireline probaly from china and spiderwire from russia lol There is a reason why walmart refuses to say where its products originate. Because they did a survey and "made by a mute 8 year old with only 3 fingers" otherwise known as "the truth" was not catchy enough for there labeling

Post Thanks / Like

Does Eagle Claw make the Walmart brand?

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

Crapbie they make some dang good fishing products in Japan. They make plastic dog poop in China though. I would bet money that if you had some plastic dog poop and turned it over it would say Made In China. Directions would read:Dog popo good haha funny place floor on laugh back and sit. LOL!

I have been very happy with the Mr. Crappie line. Order some from BPS. Wal Mart is Satan's tool to get us to spend all our money on crappy products. Down with king Walton!
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

Chances are pretty good the line is exactly the same. Lot's of places do that. Just make one type of line(or any product really), then brand it out for whoever you want. Walmart, KMart, BPS, etc. However, it is pretty crappy they didn't bother to get the labels right. And it certainly should make the wary consumer raise an eyebrow. They probably whipped up too many Walmart labelled spools, so, instead of saving them or removing the labels, they smack new labels right on top of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thing is he thought he was buying Eagle claw line not walmart line. there was probably a bin full of walmart line next to it. Probably is the same line but this is deceptive advertising. What if I go buy a can of Van Camp Pork and Beans and find a Sams choice label underneath, Boy would I be Hot. You hate to pay thinking your getting one thing and get home and find out you actually got something you consider cheaper. WE like it when we feel like they screwed themselves.