Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ounces vs. percentages

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ounces vs. percentages

I don't know why this bugs me so much: I'll see a fish reported 3.6 pounds (for example) and I wonder how many folks think that is 3 pounds and 6 ounces.
    Most of the digital scales read 3.6 pounds so I can see how some would get confused. Am i the only one who has thought of something so stupid?
    I'm sure that none of the educated crappie gentlemen from Va. would ever get this wrong but I wonder about some (especially our good neighbors immediately to the South)
    Father of 4 time bash winner. At least I'm pretty sure:o

Post Thanks / Like

Mine reads in .1 pound increments too. Do they make one that reads in ounces?? Billy

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Whoa, you might get some flak from that last statement.

But I do agree about the way the scales read. I just got in the habbit of multipling the .whatever times 1.6

I recently got one of the Rapala Proguide 15lb scale that does give you inches, however according to it a gallon of distilled water weighs 8lb 15oz. That is about 10oz high. Looks like BPS will get those back.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN

But I do agree about the way the scales read. I just got in the habbit of multipling the .whatever times 1.6

I recently got one of the Rapala Proguide 15lb scale that does give you inches, however according to it a gallon of distilled water weighs 8lb 15oz. That is about 10oz high. Looks like BPS will get those back.
    I have the Rapala scales and they do read pounds and ounces. My certified scales read in 10ths. I usually post weights as pounds and ounces to avoid confusion--adopting the "times 1.6" method as needed. Us guys south of virginia ain't very smart but we do got a handle on cypherin' :p
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN

Whoops, I mean ounces.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Billy
    Mine reads in .1 pound increments too. Do they make one that reads in ounces?? Billy
    Normark may still make one that reads in ounces.
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award