Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Where can i get a "ant jig" mold for panfish??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where can i get a "ant jig" mold for panfish??

I have looked all over but cannot find a mold to make the little ant body jigs, i recently found / bought a few for blue gill / crappie, caught several fish and found out i like the little jigs. I have seen the jigs already molded in catalogs such as Stamina, page 31, but no molds. The ready made jigs without paint or anything tied on are expensive, if i can get a mold i have plenty of lead / can do my own tying. I have been paying $1.00 per jig, that's pretty steep but i have had good luck using them, especially tipping with a wax worm. Any help locating such a mold would be appreciated. I think the little jigs are 1/64 oz. not sure, will have to weigh one and see. Thanks.

Cummins_4x4 Guest

Try http://www.jannsnetcraft.com/Content.aspx?src=home.htm . I saw them on there the other day. I think the mold was like $29. Although staminaonc,
    http://www.staminainc.com/icejigs/an...unpainted.html , has them by the 100 already cast on a hook for $17. It would take alot of pouring to justify molds. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile ant jig molds

I have plenty of lead, they are waaay to o high on already poured jigs, i only need a mold and a thousand hooks and i'll be in bizzness. I looked on the sites from the links you posted.....no molds. Thanks for the reply.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lum...if all else fails.....

You can tie your own ants using just black thread and a coating of 5 minute two part epoxy. They sink at a medium rate and the bluegills and redears love 'em, and I've caught crappie on them, too. I use them with 4 lb test and if I'm fishing 'gills or 'ears during the spawn I simply flip into the bed and be ready to set the hook. If they're deeper just put a small split shot about 8 inches up the line and go for it. It's fun to use a small bobber with them too.

Post Thanks / Like

How often would they really get a chance to eat an ant s big as the largest one. If I was a gil I would eat it gladly. Hopefully a queen ant for a BIG QUEEN GILL

Post Thanks / Like

Crapbie....we have bigger ones than that here in La. I have some in my yard that's almost an inch long and has red and black hair on it's back! Nasty looking little creatures......