Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Family Pet,

Post Thanks / Like

Default Family Pet,

We have a (Had) a little winny dog,have had it for several years, Any way she got sick & the vet said her body wasn't producing protein, & her liver is shutting down. She died last night. I just got through burying her,Me wife is still sleep & don't know it.
    We have one more pet,When something happens to her they won't be anymore. It's just to hard.I'm sure ain't in any hurry for my wife to get up.:rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about your loss. They get to be like one of the family. I had to put down mine last year.

Post Thanks / Like

Man I can hear yur pain. I dont envy you, am actually sad sittin here in VA, the sincerity comes thru. Am sorry to hear it. We had one go back in TX and I found my normally able to cope self having to tell myself to man up for the ol ladys sake and it helped me thru the 1st few days and especially the moment, as we had the vet come and put him down right in his spot next to the bed.
    I know this aint the right time but never say never. See how ya feel later on. Maybe the trade off of say giving a pound dog a loving home and the happiness that should provide all of you (dog inclusive) will seem seem an acceptable thing in regards to the pain of losing them eventually. Take care and hang tough.
    Shoer,
    12th Degree Ninja

Post Thanks / Like

Sad.Hope the wife takes it,as god needed them.Maybe 1 day you will replace it.

Post Thanks / Like

A few years ago i purchesed a 73,000 dollar cat and the owner thru in a 1600 sq ft house and an acre of land. after a few years the cat (punkin) got daibetes and had to be put to sleep, ya see Kris was in nursing school and at the time we were a 1 income family with a new baby. it was a hard decision to make but i decided not to chance it, the cat meds were gonna be 60 a month when all was said and done and i couldnt take the chance of not havin the $$$$$$$ to provide medical attention for my child. The day i had it done i held Punkin in my arms and she just went to sleep. I burried her on the back fence line where she would sit with me after a hard days work, and i even put up a marker. i avoid that part of the yard now. when Katie was old enough to reliaze the marker was there she asked bout it and all i can reply was "1 damn fine cat".

I left out the part about me bawling like a baby when i was holdin her in my arms as she went to sleep.

And i dont even like cats
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for your loss, loosing a pet is very hard.
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

Funny how attached we can get to our pets. A year and a half ago I had to put my 14 YOA Choclate Lab down. She had gotten in pitiful shape,wasn't eating and had lost control of her back hips. I'll never forget taking her to the VET. Knowing the outcome, I still had to ask, "Was there anything that could be done, or was it time? he looked her over and regretfully told me it was time. Her big ole brown sad eyes just looked up at me. I remembered the day I first brought her home holding her in the palms of my hands. I remembered first introducing her to water and how she took to it. She was the only dog I've ever had that would swim under water. After getting through her chewing stage, she ended up being the best dog in the world. She was so good around kids and although eager for attention, she could sense when you were having a bad day and seemed to know to contain her excitement while at the same time offering her affection.

I'm 6'02" and 240 lbs and cried like a baby in front of the vet's assistant. He asked if I wanted to watch........there was no way I could do that. Walking away was hard enough.

Post Thanks / Like

We have 2 winny dogs, thay do feel like family, sorry for your loss.

Post Thanks / Like

Losing any family member is tough. I'm trying to type this with tears in my eyes after reading the posts, cause they reminded me of the two animals we've lost over the years that helped us grow up our two kids. Never can totally replace them, but another animal somehow aids in temporarily forgetting.

Post Thanks / Like

I know the pain you are goiong thru. We had a mixed breed poodle that was 20yrs 4mths old and eventually had to have him euthanized. Oh GOD I cannot deal with that again. I have no kids and I felt as if "Kye Kye" was my son. Have faith in the power of the LORD and you will make it thru it my friend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast