Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: World Record Bounty?

briarhead Guest

Talking World Record Bounty?

Are there any companies or crappie organizations paying any money for someone breaking the existing world records for white or black crappie?
    Last edited by briarhead; 04-17-2005 at 05:37 PM.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarhead
    Are there any companies or crappie organizations paying any money for someone breaking the existing world records for white or black crappie?
    I would imagine a lot of companies would pay well for you to endorse their products. I hope to find out some day. LOL

BTW, welcome to Crappie.com
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

briarhead Guest

Come on guys I need some info here it is important to me. I know someone on this board has got to knowledgeable enough to know the answer to my question, and yes, there is a fish that could be involved with this question. I am going to see it tomorrow morning and hopefully have a good post to go along with it.

briarhead Guest

Thanks for the welcome IBNFSHN.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice of you to come to our forum in search of money lol I'll give you 1 dollar a pound

briarhead Guest

I personally am not a crappie fisherman, as for my inquest to this forum, I figured it would be the most authoritative site on the web. That is why I am here and to give you guys a little more info supposedly a fish was caught by a friend of mine, it is a white crappie and it was suppose to be weighed by a biologist from my home state dnr today and the weight is 5lbs 13 oz. That is why I am here and yes if it is some money involved I am going to try and make some myself. Why not? My friend, who the catch is in question right now, is a multi millionaire and told me to investigate the possibilties of getting paid. The fish is alive and in his possesion.
    Last edited by briarhead; 04-17-2005 at 06:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I have heard of no bounty on a state or world record crappie. There are several tournament trails and a lot of national sponsers at those events. I have never heard it mentioned.

Post Thanks / Like

Unless you caught it then there is not much chance of you claiming anything. Making money from large fish is what tournaments are for. It also sounds like it is not a "official" catch. Isn't there a load of rules when it comes to large fish including using certain lines, having a certain person weight and measure the fish right away, only using certain hooks and stuff like that? I heard that somewhere in regards to a large crappie.

briarhead Guest

Crapbie have you ever heard of promotioning something? That is where my money is going to come from. I'm sure there is a sponsorship out there for this fish, "if it is true". I am going in the morning to examine the fish and the paper work for myself. If it is not true then I will post that tomorrow as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe you could get alittle spandex swimming suit for it and put company labels on in. Maybe you get him sponsored to swim across lake michigan lol Let me know and I'll draw up some diagrams

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast