Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it possible to live our lives not being judgemental

Post Thanks / Like

Default Is it possible to live our lives not being judgemental

My wife and I were having a conversation last night. We were watching one of those programs that show how the impact of poverty, family break-down, and lack of education significantly increase the liklihood of involvement with the judicial system. We started discussing how judgemental people can be about your appearance, ethnicity, weight, age, religion, politics, life-style, education, background, financial-status...etc. without really knowing anything about the person!

As a society, ours and/or anyone elses, it seems that we tend to want to punish, ostracize, or legislate any kind of the above traits that are counter to the "accepted or established" societal norms!

For any of the above reasons, these judgemental attitudes, whether personal or part of a business and/or societal culture, can leave many people, without family, friends, jobs, homes, medical care, food, income, or other basic necessities of life.

What if the penalty for being judgemental resulted in a felony conviction that could be punishable by death?
    Do you think that would be enough to inspire people to change their minds about how we see each other? I am the worlds worst on being judgemental, often times I thought I was practicing discernment.
    I have always tried to allow people to be who they are and except them for who they are. I guess sometimes it is just not possible. Maybe we all are to busy in our lives to cultivate friendships, friendships do take so much understanding and time.
    I know that idea really got me thinking!

Post Thanks / Like

OOOHHH, deep, deep, deep thoughts- brain hurts. Need to go fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

I judge everybody based on their level of stupidity, integrity and honesty. I don't care if their rich or poor, black, white or whatever. If they can't cotton up to what I expect out of myself, my friends and family, then they can get their ignorant butts on down the road and mess up someone elses day. I don't have time to deal with them.

Judge ye not? Well, that's one of those things I have to ask God to help keep me in line about.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Human nature in some way shape or form.

Post Thanks / Like

On another note Pox, I judge you to be an ok guy. Don't know about your wifey, but, if she's good enough for you, then that's just fine.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

You have got to get a boat and go fishing.I think you have hit yourself in the head with one of them woods or irons.lol
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

To answer the question, No. God recognizes it as one of those inescapable sins we have to toil with in our lives.

I personally struggle with it everyday. And then I read once on the web something very true- Never assume about or judge another person, you have no idea what are cards God handed them in their life. i found this to be true of myself as well as I reflected back to my earliest memories and just how jack'd up my own childhood was, and how I turned out.
    "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good"
    Sen. Hillary Clinton - Speech at Democratic Fundraiser, June 2004

Post Thanks / Like

hehehe dang Craig, after 22 years of marriage I think I'll let her keep me a little longer, she has a better retirement than I do. Pm me your cell number again, I have some questions to axe you.

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Reaper View Post
    On another note Pox, I judge you to be an ok guy. Don't know about your wifey, but, if she's good enough for you, then that's just fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Pox that was good food for thought. I am bad also at pickin someone apart but am glad
    that it is not in the same ballpark as it was earlier in life. I was bigtime predjudice (outta ignorance) I never met, spoke to, or was near a black person till I was 17 in boot camp.
    Peer pressure and acceptance were alotta the force behind it. My experiences in the army shattered some of my perception of things but solidified them in other ways. A very simple thing and why it took so long a disappointing mystery to this day, but it finally hit me that nobody has any control as to being born who and what and where they are. I could just as easily have grown up poor or a gangbanger or a starving person in a 3rd world country and that right there told me finally that the color, traits, financial/social status, etc.... that a person has is not of their doing. Maybe some of the things I used to stereotype came to be that way cuz a person was born & raised into it.
    Stuff like my former prejudice, didn't git it from my folks but it was the prevalent attitude among young men in Minnesota, bar very few. So an ugly trait of my own was cultivated largely by my own geographic location, and hype. How stupid is that?
    I wont get too windy but just want to thank you for pointing out what you did. Guys like me can never be reminded too often. Speaking for myself, this is one of the best off-topic posts passed my eyes in a long long time. And howdy by the way, aint crossed paths in awhile.
    Let me say one more thing. I have been in some tough spots just in my own life. Happily they are a thing of the past but the relief of working my way outta em was (unanticipated to me) nuthin compared the relief of dumping the baggage and lettin the hate outta my heart. I mean almost to the point of feeling physical weight taken off me.
    Gonna go, you take care, and thanks!!!!!
    Shoer,
    12th Degree Ninja

Post Thanks / Like

No.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast