Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Garmin 250

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Garmin 250

Is anyone using one of these with a universal sonar connection on a minnkota?
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I've been researching the Minn Kota and have decided to not go with the universal sonar. The US does not include a temp probe so if you want one you would have to install it the old fashioned way. Also you would have to stick with the same brand sonar in the future.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bart
    I've been researching the Minn Kota and have decided to not go with the universal sonar. The US does not include a temp probe so if you want one you would have to install it the old fashioned way. Also you would have to stick with the same brand sonar in the future.
    I'm not concerned with the temp as I have one on the console. I guess if you wanted to change brands of sonars you could just by the cable for it.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Garmin 240 that I use with the universal sonar in the Minn-Kota. It works just fine. If you change the brand of sonar unit, all you have to do is get a different cable that hooks up at the trolling motor.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]