Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rats...........I had rats!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rats...........I had rats!

We have a deck boat that is stored in a shed. It will keep larger animals out but not rats and mice. This past winter a family of rats lived in the boat. We've had a few mice before but nothing even close to this! They chewed the straps off of several life jackets to make a big nest out of. Also chewed a few wires. Looks to be an expensive and time consuming thing to fix. What do you guys that don't have ratproof storage do to keep this from happening?

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.petfooddirect.com/store/p...d_id=209&Page= It's the only sho-nuff rat killer that I've used that's dependable. They'll sniff it out quick, and be gone bye-bye quickly. It only takes a bit, and I usually break it up in very small pieces and distribute in the barn..........be rats dead every where in about 2-3 days.
    If I Ain't Crappie Fishin', I'm Thinkin' About It............

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doodlesock View Post
    We have a deck boat that is stored in a shed. It will keep larger animals out but not rats and mice. This past winter a family of rats lived in the boat. We've had a few mice before but nothing even close to this! They chewed the straps off of several life jackets to make a big nest out of. Also chewed a few wires. Looks to be an expensive and time consuming thing to fix. What do you guys that don't have ratproof storage do to keep this from happening?
    CATS
    AMERICANS: Willing to cross a frozen river to kill you, in your sleep, on Christmas, totally not kidding, we've done it.

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Victor
    "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good"
    Sen. Hillary Clinton - Speech at Democratic Fundraiser, June 2004

Post Thanks / Like

Our cat Huey is the ultimate critter eliminator. He still finds a mouse or two when they move into the areas vacated by his last "kill". We know because he always brings the carcasses home as gifts for us (yeuck!). Anyhow, mice, rats, moles and other small critters are pretty much extinct in our neighborhood because of him. That gets to be a problem because without the little critters, he satisfies his urge to hunt by killing rabbits in the field and hedgerows out back. He eats the heads and leaves the carcasses on the back porch.

He hasn't managed to get any squirrels yet, but I figure it's only a matter of time.

He's THAT good.... you want to rent him?

Post Thanks / Like

Moth balls in the boat, open up all the compartments and put a couple of containers of moth balls in it and nothing will try to invade it. Put a tarp over it to contain the smell. I pull the drain plug and put a rag in the hole to act as a wick incase you get water in it.
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

someone was telling me a trick about using a garbage can, and putting some food in there...they get in and can't get out. I can't remember exactly how they did it, it seems like the can was placed beside a counter top. Darn my memory is going.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the good ideas!