Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dad and I in our first tournament......

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dad and I in our first tournament......

My dad and I fished the CrappieUSA tournament this weekend at Patoka. The tournament was a lot fun and it was fun meeting some other anglers I talk to here on Crappie.com a lot. Now here's a funny one for you...

We went to weigh in our fish at the weigh site. Our final weight was .94 lbs of fish Now I know that isn't a bad crappie and would not have been embarrassed to weigh in 1 fish that weighed that. But that was 7 fish !!! And we went through 20 fish to get those 7 !

Fishing was tough for Dad and I this first tournament. But we were in tears on the ride home talking about 7 fish that weighed less then a pound. There should be a prize for that one!

After getting home, I went out back and casted a few times into my pond and caught 2 crappie that both weighed a pound a piece and began to laugh again until tears were flowing. What a story for our first tournament.
    Caught so many fish today my thumb is sore from clicking the counter.

Post Thanks / Like

Kinda sounds like the tourneys I entered with C.A.S.T. on my home lake of Oologah. My total weight was not that small, but blew off areas of standing timber I had never caught a thing in, and the team that took 2nd out of Texas, caught most of their fish out of that same timber. I guess fishing your home lake can sometimes hurt a guy's chances of doing good. I've entered two tourneys in my time, both on my home lake, and both times had rough days of finding decent fish. I did have fun and met some great people. It was worth it.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Default results

What did you do to get those fish? What depth? Also what did you see others trying? And what type of fishing won? What did you learn from your 1st tourney>? I ask because I got a 1st coming in May. Thanks for any help

Post Thanks / Like

These will be memories that you can cherish for ever. It is not the quality of the fish but the bonding with your Dad. Good story!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear that you at least weighted fish. Sounds like you all had a great day. That will be a great memory.
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

Hey you make some good memories, fishin with your dad, and that is what really counts.

Gonefission
    Bill

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I probably wouldnt have weighed in.:D Sounds like you guys had fun though.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I've fished tourneys since 1981 and can honestly say that I've never heard of any weight less than 1 pound...let alone that was 7 fish. You're da man! LOL...tight lines!
    Support Our Troops!

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

at least you made memories...and that means more than anything

Post Thanks / Like

Do ya'll not have a minimum length?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast