Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Props

Andrus Cove, La. (between Lake Arthur & Jennings)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Props

Is there anyone here that works on props?

I have been wanting to get into a prop repair business for about 10 years now and just never had the nerve to quit my guaranteed pay check to go out on my own. I have tried looking online for schooling but have not found anything. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Warren
    The postings on this site by me, Marshrat, are opinion only unless specified as truth. I will not be held responsible for anyone using my opinions as an aliby to keep from getting in trouble with the law.:D

Post Thanks / Like

You wouldn't necesarily have to quite your "Day Job" to start repairing props. I've used the same prop man here for over 25-years and he just does it part time in a small shop behind his house. He has a full time job as machinist (I think).

I've not heard of any Prop Schools but it may be part of a marine mechanic course somewhere. Our Comunity College has or at least has had a marine mechanic training program so you might check with your local Comunity College.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Blake View Post
    You wouldn't necesarily have to quite your "Day Job" to start repairing props. I've used the same prop man here for over 25-years and he just does it part time in a small shop behind his house. He has a full time job as machinist (I think).

I've not heard of any Prop Schools but it may be part of a marine mechanic course somewhere. Our Comunity College has or at least has had a marine mechanic training program so you might check with your local Comunity College.
    Who is your prop guy?
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

It almost doesn't pay. I've considered doing some prop welding myself but.
    I just recieved a completely rebuilt prop for my 25 Johnson.
    $49.95 from my friendly OMC mechanic.

I've done tons of checking around and cannot find a better deal then that.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Default props

My buddy Wayne does. He dos'nt get rich but he makes a living. He has a web site. Not sure what it is but his business is waynes props. 618-242-props. Search waynes props you will find it.
    Rend Lake Crappie Guides
    www.crappiextreme.com