Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake blackshear

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake blackshear

I am going to lake blackshear tomorrow afternoon with my wife and daughters. can anyone give me any information for a first time trip to this lake. any info will be appreciated. What bait and location to fish.
    thanks
    michael

Post Thanks / Like

Yes sir....put in at Smoake bridge boat ramp. Go underneath the bridge and fish the docks to your right. Cast black/chartreuse sliders or black chartreuse curly tails. Start with the first dock next to the rip rap/rocks. Work your way up. You will get to a small little cove about 75 yards up. There are a bunch of crappie spawning along that grass line in the back of it. They aren't big, but would be fun. Further up on your right will be a slough that extends back to a little culvert. Fish the cypress trees inbetween the docks all throughout that slough. There are alot of crappie on them right now. Small but still good eating size. You can do the same pattern all the way towards the main lake. Fish the docks, and the trees inbetween if there are any. Use a slow retrieve. You should do well. Watch out, there are some big channel cats around those trees recently...as in yesterday. They will try to go right back into the roots. Don't let em!!! Have fun and let us know how you do.

Post Thanks / Like

You could probably use minnows too. Would be fun for the girls. Unless they know how to cast, and thats always more fun.