Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Levels on the ARK-MO Lakes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Levels on the ARK-MO Lakes

I posted this thread on both the Ark and MO boards also.

I just checked Bull Shoals lake level and it stands at 689.6 ft & that is 82% of F.C. and is due to crest April 15 at 694.9 feet and they will be at 100% of F.C.. That is 41.9 feet over pool stage, Pool stage is 654.0 feet.

Pontiac Cove Boat dock did a little research and found that Bull Shoals has only reached maximum capacity (695) one time, and that was June 1957. In June 1990 it was 691.5 and 688.8 in June 2002.

Campgrounds at Theodosia and Oakland are all under water, from what I've heard. Some marinas on Bull Shoals and Table Rock are already having to ferry customers to and from their boats.

Norfork is at 580.38 (and will crest April 11 at 581.0 104% F.C.)
    Table Rock is at 926.92 (and will crest April 13 at 933.0 thats 114% of F.C.
    Beaver is at 1129.81 (and will crest April 11 at 1131.1 that is 112% of F.C.

I feel sorry for them towns and people living down stream on the White River when they start letting water out of them big dams.
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

That is'nt as bad as Nimrod or Blue Mountain Lakes. They have been over capacity and overflowing several feet of water.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Beaver lake has the flood gates open right now. I heard they opened them 1 foot and are going to 3 feet by tonight. If that does not take care of the flood surge, they are going to open them to 5.5 feet by tomorrow. I went to the War Eagle river, White River at 45 bridge and Richland Creek at 45 bridge and they were as high as I have ever seen. Table Rock is full and Bull Sholes is about to be full, so they are going to have to start letting water out. I know that East Arkansas is already flooded and this is just going to make that problem worse. This is easily the wettest spring I have ever scene.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Norfork

Lets not forget Norfork Lake. It is not deritly on the White River but it flows into it in a few miles. They are at F.C. and releasing water also at a good rate.

Quote Originally Posted by grits and gravy View Post
    Beaver lake has the flood gates open right now. I heard they opened them 1 foot and are going to 3 feet by tonight. If that does not take care of the flood surge, they are going to open them to 5.5 feet by tomorrow. I went to the War Eagle river, White River at 45 bridge and Richland Creek at 45 bridge and they were as high as I have ever seen. Table Rock is full and Bull Sholes is about to be full, so they are going to have to start letting water out. I know that East Arkansas is already flooded and this is just going to make that problem worse. This is easily the wettest spring I have ever scene.
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

Post Thanks / Like

I work in Stuttgrat, and with some "river folks". They are stressed to the max right now, especially since Norfork opend the gates today. With the rain today, rivers will just continue to be on the rise and that is not good.

You Can Make a Difference!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieHead View Post
    Lets not forget Norfork Lake. It is not deritly on the White River but it flows into it in a few miles. They are at F.C. and releasing water also at a good rate.
    You can tell they have opened the flood gates, the White River in Batesville rose 13' from yesterday at 7:00 am to today at 7:00 am. It is not going to crest until Saturday. Flood stage is 15', crest is 28'.

WALLY MARSHALL PRO STAFF
    CATCHIN' CRAPPIE GUIDE SERVICE
    CREEKS ROD TRANSPORT RACK
    870-307-2572