Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ready for Patoka, not sure Patoka is ready....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ready for Patoka, not sure Patoka is ready....

Dad and I are heading down to Patoka in the morning to prefish the CrappieUSA tournament Saturday. I have heard mixed posts on Patoka. I have heard you can't pass under any bridges. I have heard you can pass some. I plan to target the same water depths that have been successful around here. I have had such a good week around Central Indiana I almost hate to go to southern Indiana to search for fish. My dad is as excited as a laid back man gets. So here's my question....

I am going to target similar water at Patoka that I am finding fish on here in Central Indiana. The lake is flooded, but I have heard the water is not overly muddy. 8-12' has been good here. Water around here is in the low 50s. Should I try Spider Rigging even though the water temp is down?? I have only spider rigged in the late spring and early summer (postspawn) 10-15'. Should the fish right now (prespawn) be on a similar pattern??

Cold Front is coming Friday and Saturday. Temps gonna drop 20+ degrees from Friday to Saturday and I just want a back-up plan.
    Caught so many fish today my thumb is sore from clicking the counter.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck is about all I can tell ya. I had thought of fishing the Patoka tourney myself. I'm glad we changed our mind right before money was due. I have to fish a local tourney here on East Fork Lake Sunday. The lake has been 20 plus feet high for a while here too, but should be close to summer pool by then. That cold front oughta really screw 'em up.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com