Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Proangler rod review

Post Thanks / Like

Default Proangler rod review

We were going to fish K.L. the last week of March,but the weather pushed us all the way back to Michigan,after 3 days. I really liked the 8' and 10' rods. For the money, I think it's a great deal. I was also using a 81/2 finwick for casting along with the 8' proangler. I spent some bucks on the finwick,It was really hard to see any difference between the rods. I was impressed! With only 3 days of fishing under rough conditions,lots of wind, we drifted with sea bags out in the open lake,virtical jiged and casted the buck brush,even flipped bobber and minnow into 2 feet of water. The rods worked great, nice touch with the rod tips yet enough back bone to pull out the hang ups. The extra line guides are a plus. The pat1000z with 12 bearings is really smooth and it worked great. I going to pick up 2 more of these. I can't say much for the pat10 underslung reel. I had it on most of the first day,but took it off late in the afternoon and went back to the mitchell spinning reel. I might not have been fair with the my evaluation on the underslung and will have to give it another go,but I don't think You, can go wrong on the rods and the 12 bearing reel. Now I'm going to set back and read some post and think about next years trip. I hear the water is even higher than when we were there...Good fishin!..............Blue

Post Thanks / Like

I have two of there rods in 10'. I've never used the wally marshall or BnM so I don't really have anything to compare them too but I do think they are great rods. Plus I got them on sale for $25 each. I've only had them for a couple of weeks so I can't really say how well they'll hold up yet but they do seem to have plenty of backbone while still being pretty light.
    1995 Skeeter ss90, Force 90hp, Motorguide Pro Series 5200, Lowrance 520c, Humminbird 565, Hi-Tek Rod Holders
    www.myspace.com/daltreypark

Post Thanks / Like

Found Pro Angler on the internet surfing one night and i have been promoting there stuff on this web site ever since. I have 6 of the 10 footers and one or the 8 footers and they are great. Unbelievable price for a 10 foot rod but i think the spring sale is over. These are great slow trolling rods for deep application and you can go up to 1 oz or more without a lot of tip drop.

I have one of just about avery rod out there including the WM which are good rods too. However, for the cost along with the quality and the fact that you can get tips if you break, i do not see a better deal period. Besides all of that i think Ed is pretty cool as well.
    Brush Buster

Post Thanks / Like

I may have read what You,had to say about his rods,I found them on this site. Ed's service is great....nice guy and fast shipping....I would reorder from him in a hart beat! Everything I know about crappie fishing.(not much) I found right here by reading the post and personal help from a few good members...great place to spend some time on.......Blue

Post Thanks / Like

I have all three in the 10', B&M, WM and Pro Angler; I like each one and use all of them. I just tie a different color on each and change until the crappie like it.

Ed also has the Bee Ready Rod Holders and I use them. Good quality material and work great!

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Skip,

I may be down in the Waco area in a couple of weeks on business and would like to fish with a good guide if possible. I have a request in the Texas forum but i noticed that you are from Texas as well. Any input or direction would be appreciated.

BB
    Brush Buster

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad you guys like the rods. I still have the first prototype 9' that we had made.

Ed is easy to deal with and gets the product to you fast.
    Jerry

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered six of the 10 foot rods too. There were problems with two of them. The tip section of one was crooked for about the last 12 to 18" One of the eyes had been glued on in the wrong position. It leaned to the right enough that the eye can't even be bent to the left to make it usable.
    At this point I was a little worried that I had been taken.
    I called and explained what the deal was. Ed looked up my address to confirm it and sent me two tip sections no questions asked!
    I was disappointed that they weren't perfect the first time but without inspecting each and every rod that couldn't be avoided.
    I am VERY happy with the perfect recovery!
    I have 2 Quantums, a Wally Marshall, and a custom rig from a local guy. All are 9.5 to 10'. There are things I like better about one rod ot the other but I can't say that overall I like the name brand rods any better. For the money I don't feel you can beat the Pro Angler rods..or the service.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brush Buster View Post
    Skip,

I may be down in the Waco area in a couple of weeks on business and would like to fish with a good guide if possible. I have a request in the Texas forum but i noticed that you are from Texas as well. Any input or direction would be appreciated.

BB

I'm not Skip but this is the guy I'd go with:

http://www.bigcrappie.com/

He only fishes Cedar Creek but is one of the best crappie guides in this area.