HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Are you kidding Me

Post Thanks / Like

Default Are you kidding Me

Girls Attack, Film Teen's Beating, Police Say
    Police: 6 Girls Attack, 2 Girls Were Lookout In Incident

POSTED: 5:09 pm EDT April 6, 2008
    UPDATED: 5:09 pm EDT April 7, 2008

LAKELAND, Fla. -- Eight teenagers have been arrested after filming the beating of another teen and threatening to post the video on the Internet, sheriff's officials said.

Victoria Lindsay was attacked on March 30 by six teenage girls when she arrived at a friend's home, the Polk County Sheriff's Office said.

Two girls confronted Lindsay when she walked in, yelling and threatening her, an arrest report showed. Another girl struck her in the head several times and then slammed her head into the bedroom wall, knocking her unconscious.

When she woke up, she was on the couch in the living room surrounded by the six girls. The teens blocked the door, held Lindsay down and began beating her, the report said. Two teenage boys waited outside the home as lookouts.

All eight were charged last week with battery and false imprisonment, which are third-degree felonies, the report said.

Lindsay was taken to the hospital by ambulance and treated for a concussion, damage to her left eye and left ear, and numerous bruises, the report said.

Lindsay's father said the teens' motivation for the attack was to produce a video that would become popular on YouTube, a video-sharing Web site. But the mother of one of the girls said that Lindsay had provoked the other teens by threatening and insulting them on MySpace, a social networking Web site.

The video and a transcript of the incident will be released early this week, sheriff's spokesman Scott Wilder told The Ledger of Lakeland. It's not immediately clear if the video was ever posted on the Internet.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

If anyone has seen the video This is sick
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    If anyone has seen the video This is sick
    Yes, it is. Drudge had a link to the video. I was hoping the girl would just haul off and deck one of them, but it never happened. I hope they really throw the book at them and not let them off with a slap on the wrist.

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty messed up. How stupid can one be? Lets record it and put it on youtube.

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Made me wanna PUKE!
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

Kids are making it easier to get themselves convicted... we recently had a bunch of kids vandalize a local cemetery (tipping over stones etc.). Fortunately they were also stupid enough to post video of themselves doing it on their MySpace pages. We're a very small village and police already had a pretty good idea of who did it, then they found the video footage and busted them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joejv4 View Post
    Kids are making it easier to get themselves convicted... we recently had a bunch of kids vandalize a local cemetery (tipping over stones etc.). Fortunately they were also stupid enough to post video of themselves doing it on their MySpace pages. We're a very small village and police already had a pretty good idea of who did it, then they found the video footage and busted them.
    It looks like we are raising a generation of " Dumbest criminals caught on tape" I honestly don't know what is so great about breaking the law and Filming yourselves. IDIOTS
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

I saw it on Fox. I hope they throw the book at them. Utterly ridiculous, calous and just plain stupid.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Makes me wonder who the real bullies are...

Gonefission
    Bill