Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Discipline your children? (a joke)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Discipline your children? (a joke)

Most of America's population thinks it’s improper to spank children.
    So I came up with a less hands on way to handle mine :D

One that I found effective,is to take him/her on a car ride and talk.
    They usually stop misbehaving after our car ride.
    I've included a photo below of one of my sessions with my son, in case you would like to use the technique.

Sincerely,
    A Friend
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Bluegilll; 04-08-2008 at 06:12 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Bluegilll, That is good.

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

I honestly think this would be good for some kids
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson

Andrus Cove, La. (between Lake Arthur & Jennings)
    Post Thanks / Like

Recently my wife, daughter and I went to a restaurant, and my wife and daughter left the table for the restroom. Upon returning to the table, my wife was telling me she had to discipline my daughter. She threatened her with a spanking. Another woman overheard and told my wife that she was doing the right thing. This woman's sister didn't believe in spanking and only put her children in time-out, all three of them were in jail spending several years.

With today's society, most people are trying other ways to discipline their children and when they spank, someone puts there .02 in and sometimes calls child welfare. Well here is my scope on it, I was spanked as a child, and when I was older got my fair share of backhands when I sassed my parents. When I got in trouble at school and later on when I started driving, I had to suffer the wrath of my dad, after the principle or law had their turn. I seem to think I turned out OK. I have a beautiful wife & daughter, a good job, and a nice home and I stay out of trouble.

Personally, I think more kids should be spanked and we would have less crime because these criminals would think of the consequences before hand. Also the prisons should take away the rights of the prisoners, they aren't there to have a party, they are there to be "punished" for their wrong doings. Instead we as a society say it is cruel and inhumane to not let them have cable tv, air conditioning, gyms, etc. I say bs, while they are in jail living it up, we are out here making a living to support our family's and to support them with our hard earned tax dollars.

Warren
    The postings on this site by me, Marshrat, are opinion only unless specified as truth. I will not be held responsible for anyone using my opinions as an aliby to keep from getting in trouble with the law.:D

Post Thanks / Like

I don't want to hi jack your post, but, this does raise an issue.
    My wife and I are foster parents to our grand children. We spent 20 hours in class sessions to learn how we are supposed to do it. We also had to sign an understanding that we could be put in jail for striking our grand children. The irony of this is that the kids parents were either doped up or drunk and they received absolutely "0" disapline. I risk jail almost daily. These kids know they don't want to go to bed "with a red butt". I know they are quizzed in their therapy sessions becaues the 4 year old wants to "talk" to her 2 year old brother about the marks or bruises on his legs. They even tell me I am supposed to "just" do time out when they know they are about to get a spanking. But, I don't do time out very well.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, thanks to the Dr. Spocks of the world, more and more kids are growing up delinquents.

I don't care what the psychobabblers say, a slap on the hand or a swat on the backside, especially when kids are little, teaches kids that there are consequences to their actions.

Reward and punishment are the best tools for teaching and training. Do something good, get a reward (something as simple as an atta-boy and a big smile is generally sufficient), Get into trouble, get a swat on the backside. Anyone with half a brain can see that this simple method makes kids want to behave.

Funny thing is, "corporal punishment" has been used by parents and has worked just fine for thousands of years, now suddenly the "touchy-feely" hippy-types say it's wrong and now we have kids shooting each other all the time (on the streets and in the schools).

100 years ago, cutting up meant a trip to the woodshed, and every kid had ready access to, and regularly used guns.... How come none of them took their guns to school and shot the place up? Might be they were raised knowing that their actions had consequences. Might be they had to go cut a switch a few times. To them "time out" was something you said when you needed a breather during a game of tag.

Oh wait, that was all before Dr. Spock came up with his psycho-babble. Funny how there's such a close correlation to acceptance of that way of thinking about how to raise kids and how kids are turning out. OK, "funny" was the wrong word to start that last sentence with - "ironic" would be better, or maybe even "sad"

Andrus Cove, La. (between Lake Arthur & Jennings)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joejv4 View Post
    Might be they had to go cut a switch a few times

Hell, that wasn't all that long ago. When I was a kid, I had to cut a couple of willow switches myself. Always made sure they were as small as I could find :D. Then I got a double dose for just in case I screwed up again.

Warren
    The postings on this site by me, Marshrat, are opinion only unless specified as truth. I will not be held responsible for anyone using my opinions as an aliby to keep from getting in trouble with the law.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marshrat View Post
    Hell, that wasn't all that long ago. When I was a kid, I had to cut a couple of willow switches myself. Always made sure they were as small as I could find :D. Then I got a double dose for just in case I screwed up again.

Warren
    Yep, was my grandpa that used to make me go cut a switch when I did something really bad, my parents opted for the trusty old wooden spoon. Either way, whatever it was that I did to earn the switch or wooden spoon - you can bet I didn't do it again!

Post Thanks / Like

I like to use 5 gal paint stirrers. They're free, light, sting, and don't leave any marks other than a red blush that fades after a few minutes. I only give a few swats to the rear-end, and only after 3 warnings. Every offence is not a capital offense, and just like our justice system, the punishment needs to fit the offense. We mainly only spank due to lack of repsect, backtalking, or doing something very dangerous. For other offenses, we'll take stuff away like the ps2, dvd player, and tv.

After a spanking I have my son apologize so he knows what he did wrong and give him a great big hug and let him know I love him.

I try not to spank when I'm angry, and it may sound obvious, but rememeber spanking is discipline, not revenge. Try to take afew seconds to regain control and think clearly before disciplining your child.

However, if you are bruising your child, you are abusing your child. I've heard it said in parenting classes (we've done a few at church), that if you come from an abusive home, you shouldn't spank your child as the odds are favorable that you may end up abusing your child.

Me being a Christian, the bible is very clear on discipline. Here's one most people are familiar with:
    Psa 23:4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. The rod is a branch (switch) or small stick used for discipline and the staff is for support and protection. Both bring comfort. Lots of scripture refers to discipline.

DrPepper, It sounds like your hands are tied by the state. You'll have to be very creative in disciplining your grandchildren. Maybe lots of hours watching Nanny 911? Prayers to ya. It's a noble deed parenting your grandchildren. My hats off to you, Sir.
    Last edited by Bowfin; 04-10-2008 at 10:19 AM.
    John 21:3
    Simon Peter said to them, "I am going fishing." They said to him, "We are going with you also." They went out and immediately got into the boat, and that night they caught nothing.

And we act like this Nightstalking thing is new.

For some excitment, read the next verse. A special guest arrived, they filled their coolers and had a fish fry on the beach...in the morning. My kind of people.- Bowfin

Post Thanks / Like

yeah thats cool and eliminates any need for a child seat
    is that a bite...YEAH FISH DONT HAVE HANDS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast