Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Widow Ultra

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Black Widow Ultra

Are these easily removeable?
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    These are absoulutely the best in the buisness let no one kidd you a little higher but well worth it they slide in atrack for easy on off operation and very stable if ya are thinking of them let me know maybe I can save ya a few dollars

Post Thanks / Like

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The base is screwed down. The pole is removed by one small set screw and two thump screws. The thump srews have an additional 7/16 nut lock. Removes in 2 -3 minutes per pole.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I need to be able to easily remove the base as one of them has to go where my trolling motor lays in sstored position.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

That's part of the beauty of the Bee Ready's. The base is 2" deep and the riser slips down inside it very snugly but you can pull them up and out in about two seconds. No thumb screws, nuts or bolts to remove. I installed mine today. Threy are very solid when bolted through the deck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bart
    That's part of the beauty of the Bee Ready's. The base is 2" deep and the riser slips down inside it very snugly but you can pull them up and out in about two seconds. No thumb screws, nuts or bolts to remove. I installed mine today. Threy are very solid when bolted through the deck.
    I don't have access to under the deck.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I need to be able to easily remove the base as one of them has to go where my trolling motor lays in sstored position.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- If you have to remove it every time you raise the trolling motor the tite loc would not be satisfactory. The drift master can be removed easier but still would require about a minute to loosen the lock nut and unscrew the assembly.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to remove my BPS Titelok everytime I put the trolling motor up or down, all I have to do is turn a handled screw half a turn and thats it, just lift straight up out of the base and put away. You can also slide the main bar through the mount into the belly of the boat adjusting the height of the T-bar. Thats something I don't think the ultra can do since its on a track mount.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crapbie
    I have to remove my BPS Titelok everytime I put the trolling motor up or down, all I have to do is turn a handled screw half a turn and thats it, just lift straight up out of the base and put away. You can also slide the main bar through the mount into the belly of the boat adjusting the height of the T-bar. Thats something I don't think the ultra can do since its on a track mount.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------You cannot do that with the ultra.

Post Thanks / Like

I sent an E-mail to Jeannie at CrappieStuff.com and told her what I needed to do. She implied that either the pro or the ultra can be removed fairly easily. I guess that 1" shaft on the Pro model would make it pretty sturdy and since I can't get under the deck, I could mount the base with lag type screws.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast