Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Night time spawning Crappie fishing. Report. Trip pics.

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Night time spawning Crappie fishing. Report. Trip pics.

Fished from 11pm till after sunrise this morning. I started at my favorite night places. Caught nothing. The water temp is 69-73 all over the lake. Thought I would see if the fish were shallow so I started hitting cover and docks. The lighted docks were best but I caught fish in total darkness in some tree tops with a cork & jig about 2' deep. At one lighted dock I stayed about 2 hrs. the fish were still biting there when I left to scout for another spot. It was to easy at this dock. Almost automatic. Crappie seem to act the same during spawn. Night or day.

Had a great trip for the first time since Easter when the rains and floods stained the water so bad fishing just stopped. Water is clearing and the next few weeks here in west Ga east Alabama are primed for some great fishing.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch Falcon. Gotta tell you, that slab in the last pic sure is alot better looking than you are.

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gooch
    Nice catch Falcon. Gotta tell you, that slab in the last pic sure is alot better looking than you are.
    you are correct sir. shh don't tell my wife. She is half blind. I might be homely but I can sure catch fish. lol
    well, sometimes.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Falcon left out the other pics when he slides the large crappy in is mouth and pulls out a perfect Crappie skeleton with no meat at all. Its sushi meets flintstones. ummmmm delicious Flappy Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work tearing them up. Hope we can do as well this weekend
    Life is what you make of it...

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job Smitty....I will let you know how we do this weekend....we are headed to FL.
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

He's a slab happy fella. Yea Smitty, that crappie is a handsome fish. ><>