Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any other crappie purist?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any other crappie purist?

I'm asking to see if I am one of the few who exclusively fish for crappie. Every time I go out it's only for crappie. I guess I can blame my Dad. When he finally got his boat it said "Crappie Only" on it. I know that most members on the Virginia board target other species regularly as I'm guessing most fishermen do. For me it's just like my Dad's boat says, "Crappie Only". Any others like me?

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Not me- I start my springs out with crappie fishing, switch to bass, go catfishing now and then (jugs and pole and line) and fly fish for trout and bluegill on occasion during the summer using rods and flies I built myself. I like to learn how to do different things, I guess. I like to think learnng other species makes me a better angler-and I think I am fairly decent in all of these species.

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Uh huh......yes Tap.....go with that.........and how does it make you feel?

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm guilty!

When my boat leaves the house, it represents a small investment of crappie jigs, and rods bought specifically for crappie. I target crappie year round and can't get enough info on this species. I guess that's why I lurk on here every nite, just to learn something new. So I guess I am a "purist." But I like to think I'm a "Crappieholic." Weekly meetings on held on the water every Sunday. Rollcaster....................
    Amateur Chaser of Those Thump Thumps to
    Raise Those Hand Kandys!

IG: Krappie Krane

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rollcaster View Post
    When my boat leaves the house, it represents a small investment of crappie jigs, and rods bought specifically for crappie. I target crappie year round and can't get enough info on this species. I guess that's why I lurk on here every nite, just to learn something new. So I guess I am a "purist." But I like to think I'm a "Crappieholic." Weekly meetings on held on the water every Sunday. Rollcaster....................
    X2 :D
    Alan
    ------------------
    Tight Lines to all
    Roll Tide Roll

Post Thanks / Like

I fish for anything that will bite my hook :D

Rather it be carp,cats,gills,trout,bass heck I dont care cause I just "fish" not "catch" for a hobby

Post Thanks / Like

I love to fish. Period.

It's a seasonal thing. I do try and target crappie throughout the year, all seasons including ice fishing. It's a challenge. But I fish for all species. Crappie are my favorite species to fish for, but I like to fish for everything.
    Microspoons Pro Staff

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a fisherman, period. First choice is sac-a-lait, but will gladly allow all the different panfish bite on my lure, that includes bass. I keep all the sac-a-lait up to the limit if I catch that many (not often) and then enough of the others to complete the meal or put a few in the fridge for latter in the week. I never freeze fish, by doing so eliminates the need to go and fish again. Fresh is best.

"gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TapOut64 View Post
    "Crappie Only". Any others like me?
    Yep, 100%
    If I Ain't Crappie Fishin', I'm Thinkin' About It............

Post Thanks / Like

PURIST. I guess that I am a purist, about the purist fishaman you can find. I have no less than 20 bass rods from light to heavy flipping, 23 crappie rods short and long, 2 fly rods light and not so light. I have 2 boats both for fishing. Why limit yourself just to one species, when the waters are full of exciting fish. Have you ever caught a bass over 10 lbs? Hybrid can be a blast on anything you can catch them on. If crackers reached 10lb you couldnt put one in the boat. Gills are just as tough. I fished with my dad and now I fish with my son and I cherish every minute of it. If I only had one species that would be fine. My only limit is time, and I dont waste it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast